Impact of global economic imbalance on migrant workers and economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter Garber, 2004. "The revived Bretton Woods system," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 307-313.
- Miranda Xafa, 2007. "Global Imbalances: Do They Matter?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 27(1), pages 59-68, Winter.
- Naufal, George S & Termos, Ali, 2009. "The Responsiveness of Remittances to the Oil Price: The Case of the GCC," IZA Discussion Papers 4277, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "An essay on the revived Bretton Woods system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Ugo Fasano-Filho & Rishi Goyal, 2004. "Emerging Strains in GCC Labor Markets," IMF Working Papers 04/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard N. Cooper, 2005. "Living with Global Imbalances: A Contrarian View," Policy Briefs PB05-03, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Magda Kandil & Hanan Morsy, 2011. "Determinants Of Inflation In Gcc," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 141-158.
- Habib, Maurizio Michael & Stráský, Jan, 2008. "Oil exporters: in search of an external anchor," Working Paper Series 958, European Central Bank.
- Behrouz Guerami & S. Nuri Erbas & George T. Abed, 2003. "The GCC Monetary Union; Some Considerations for the Exchange Rate Regime," IMF Working Papers 03/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Marzovilla, Olga & Mele, Marco, 2010. "From dollar peg to basket peg:the experience of Kuwait in view of the GCC monetary unification," MPRA Paper 21605, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- N/A, 2009. "On the Recession," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 24(3), pages 253-253, May.
- Brahim Razgallah, 2008. "The Macroeconomics of Workers’ Remittances in GCC Countries," Working Papers 410, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Hesham Alogeel & Maher Hasan, 2008. "Understanding the Inflationary Process in the GCC Region; The Case of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait," IMF Working Papers 08/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Amar BhidÃ© & Edmund Phelps, 2007. "A Dynamic Theory of Chinaâ€“U.S. Trade," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 8(3), pages 7-25, July.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 2005. "Trapped by the international dollar standard," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 477-485, June.
More about this item
KeywordsGCC countries; exchange rate regimes; basket peg; dollar peg; inflation; migration; labour market;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-08-14 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MIG-2010-08-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .