From dollar peg to basket peg:the experience of Kuwait in view of the GCC monetary unification
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Magda Kandil & Hanan Morsy, 2011. "Determinants Of Inflation In Gcc," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 141-158.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2001. "Verifying exchange rate regimes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 351-386, December.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 2002.
"After the Crisis, the East Asian Dollar Standard Resurrected: An Interpretation of High-Frequency Exchange Rate Pegging,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Monetary And Financial Management In Asia In The 21st Century, chapter 2, pages 21-77
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 2001. "After the Crisis, The East Asian Dollar Standard Resurrected: An Interpretation of High Frequency Exchange Rate Pegging," Working Papers 042001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Hesham Alogeel & Maher Hasan, 2008. "Understanding the Inflationary Process in the GCC Region; The Case of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait," IMF Working Papers 08/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1994.
"Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc? Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies,"
NBER Chapters,in: Macroeconomic Linkage: Savings, Exchange Rates, and Capital Flows, NBER-EASE Volume 3, pages 295-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Frankel, J.A., 1992. "Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc: Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies," Papers 92-08, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1992. "Yen bloc or dollar bloc: exchange rate policies of the East Asian economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marzovilla, Olga, 2010. "Impact of global economic imbalance on migrant workers and economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council," MPRA Paper 24210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2017.
"The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket: A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically,"
1111, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2017.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2017. "The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket; A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-Exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically," CID Working Papers 333, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Marzovilla, Olga, 2010. "The impact of global economic imbalance on migrant workers and economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council," MPRA Paper 29466, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Mele, 2014. "On China’s Exchange Rate Regime: Is Euro outside?," International Economics Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 3(2), pages 49-58, October.
- Abbas Al-Mejren, 2015. "Impacts of Fiscal Legal Setting and Institutions on Budget Outcomes in the Rentire State of Kuwait," Working Papers 920, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsGCC countries; exchange rate regimes; basket peg; dollar peg; inflation;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-04-11 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-IFN-2010-04-11 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2010-04-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .