Asset prices and monetary policy in a sticky-price economy with financial frictions
A recent study shows that equilibrium indeterminacy arises if monetary policy responds to asset prices, especially share prices, in a sticky-price economy. We show that equilibrium indeterminacy never arises if the working capital of firms is subject to their asset values by financial frictions.
|Date of creation:||05 Apr 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Should Central Banks Respond to Movements in Asset Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 253-257, May.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Leahy, John V., 2002. "Monetary policy and asset prices," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 75-97, January.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy Fuerst, 2007.
"Asset Prices, Nominal Rigidities, and Monetary Policy,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(2), pages 256-275, April.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 2004. "Asset prices, nominal rigidities, and monetary policy," Working Paper 0413, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999. "The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393 Elsevier.
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlstrom, Charles T & Fuerst, Timothy S, 1997. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 893-910, December.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 1996. "Agency costs, net worth, and business fluctuations: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Working Paper 9602, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Zheng Liu & Pengfei Wang & Tao Zha, 2009. "Do credit constraints amplify macroeconomic fluctuations?," Working Paper Series 2009-28, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Zheng Liu & Pengfei Wang & Tao Zha, 2009. "Do Credit Constraints Amplify Macroeconomic Fluctuations?," Emory Economics 0910, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Zheng Liu & Pengfei Wang & Tao Zha, 2010. "Do credit constraints amplify macroeconomic fluctuations?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2010-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kobayashi, Keiichiro & Nakajima, Tomoyuki & Inaba, Masaru, 2012. "Collateral Constraint And News-Driven Cycles," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 752-776, November.
- KOBAYASHI Keiichiro & NAKAJIMA Tomoyuki & INABA Masaru, 2007. "Collateral Constraint and News-driven Cycles," Discussion papers 07013, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Tomoyuki Nakajima & Masaru Inaba & Keiichiro Kobayashi, 2007. "Collateral constraint and news-driven cycles," 2007 Meeting Papers 320, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2005. "House Prices, Borrowing Constraints, and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 739-764, June.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2002. "House prices, borrowing constraints and monetary policy in the business cycle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 542, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2004.
- Harrison, Sharon G. & Weder, Mark, 2013. "Sunspots And Credit Frictions," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 1055-1069, July.
- Sharon Harrison & Mark Weder, 2010. "Sunspots and Credit Frictions," CDMA Working Paper Series 201001, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Sharon G. Harrison & Mark Weder, 2010. "Sunspots and Credit Frictions," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi & Kengo Nutahara, 2007. "Collateralized capital and news-driven cycles," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(18), pages 1-9.
- KOBAYASHI Keiichiro & NUTAHARA Kengo, 2007. "Collateralized capital and News-driven cycles," Discussion papers 07062, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Faia, Ester & Monacelli, Tommaso, 2007. "Optimal interest rate rules, asset prices, and credit frictions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3228-3254, October.
- Tommaso Monacelli & Ester Faia, 2005. "Optimal Interest Rate Rules, Asset Prices and Credit Frictions," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 452, Society for Computational Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2007:i:18:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy S. Fuerst & Charles T. Carlstrom, 1998. "Agency costs and business cycles," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 583-597. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)