The monetary origins of the financial and economic crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Adrian & Arturo Estrella & Hyun Song Shin, 2010. "Monetary cycles, financial cycles, and the business cycle," Staff Reports 421, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Daria Finocchiaro & Virginia Queijo Heideken, 2013. "Do Central Banks React to House Prices?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(8), pages 1659-1683, December.
- Lawrence H. White, 2009. "Federal Reserve Policy and the Housing Bubble," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 29(1), pages 115-125, Winter.
- Bharat Trehan, 2009. "Predicting crises, part I: Do coming crises cast their shadows before?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue sep21.
- David C. Wheelock & Mark E. Wohar, 2009. "Can the term spread predict output growth and recessions? a survey of the literature," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 419-440.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahrend, Rudiger, 2010.
"Monetary ease: A factor behind financial crises? Some evidence from OECD countries,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 4, pages 1-30.
- Ahrend, Rudiger, 2008. "Monetary Ease: A Factor behind Financial Crises? Some Evidence from OECD Countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-44, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1997. "Understanding the Great Depression: Lessons for Current Policy," NBER Working Papers 6015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic crisis; Financial crisis; Monetary Policy; Taylor Rule; Taylor gap; Interest Term Spread; Recession;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-07-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2010-07-17 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2010-07-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-07-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .