A Theoretical Framework for Country-of-Origin-Research in the Food sector
The main advancement of the developed theoretical framework for Country-of-Origin (CO) research in this paper is the holistic consideration of CO in consumer choice that is missing in older works as for example made by ITTERSUM (2003) or JAFFE AND NEBENZAHL (2001). These and other researchers describe a lot of aspects of the CO effect separately and inde-pendent from each other without paying a lot attention to the interdependencies. Furthermore the offered model integrates new but important impact factors on the CO effect. The devel-oped theoretical framework has to be tested empirical and therefore call for future CO re-search in the food sector.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Schooler, 1971. "Bias Phenomena Attendant to the Marketing of Foreign Goods in the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 2(1), pages 71-80, March.
- Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1999. "A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 521-546, October.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 1987. " Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 411-454, March.
- Robert A Peterson & Alain J P Jolibert, 1995. "A Meta-Analysis of Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(4), pages 883-900, December.
- Frode Alfnes, 2004. "Stated preferences for imported and hormone-treated beef: application of a mixed logit model," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 19-37, March.
- Profeta, Adriano & Balling, Richard & Enneking, Ulrich, 2006. "GeschÃ¼tzte Herkunftsangaben: Status Quo und Entwicklung der Nutzung der Verordnung (EG) 510/06," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 55(8).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.