Software Marketing on the Internet: the Use of Samples and Repositories
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alexia Gaudeul, 2010. "Software marketing on the Internet: the use of samples and repositories," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 259-281.
- Alexia Gaudeul, 2008. "Software Marketing on the Internet: the Use of Samples and Repositories," Working Papers 08-23, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joel Waldfogel & Lu Chen, 2003. "Does Information Undermine Brand? Information Intermediary Use and Preference for Branded Web Retailers," NBER Working Papers 9942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clay, Karen & Krishnan, Ramayya & Wolff, Eric, 2001.
"Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 521-539, December.
- Karen Clay & Ramayya Krishnan & Eric Wolff, 2001. "Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry," NBER Chapters,in: E-commerce, pages 521-539 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karen Clay & Ramayya Krishnan & Eric Wolff, 2001. "Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry," NBER Working Papers 8271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Dina Mayzlin & Judith A. Chevalier, 2003.
"The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm413, Yale School of Management.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Dina Mayzlin, 2003. "The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews," NBER Working Papers 10148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1986. "Relying on the Information of Interested Parties," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 18-32, Spring.
- Sartori, Anne E., 2003. "An Estimator for Some Binary-Outcome Selection Models Without Exclusion Restrictions," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 111-138, March.
- Bruno Jullien, 2005. "Two-sided Markets and Electronic Intermediaries," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 233-260.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso VÃ¤limÃ¤ki, 2006. "Dynamic Pricing of New Experience Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(4), pages 713-743, August.
- Boom, Anette, 2004.
""Download for Free": When do providers of digital goods offer free samples?,"
2004/28, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Boom, Anette, 2004. ""Download for Free" - When Do Providers of Digital Goods Offer Free Samples?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 70, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Brian Kahin & Hal R. Varian (ed.), 2000. "Internet Publishing and Beyond: The Economics of Digital Information and Intellectual Property," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262611597, January.
- Haruvy, Ernan & Prasad, Ashutosh, 2005. "Freeware as a competitive deterrent," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 513-534, October.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2006. "Dynamic Competition with Experience Goods," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 37-66, March.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C & Milner, Chris, 1995. "Vertical and Horizontal Intra-industry Trade: A Cross Industry Analysis for the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1505-1518, November.
- M. C. Jones, 2006. "Book Review," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1149-1151.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Crosetto & Alexia Gaudeul, 2014.
"Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2014-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Gaudeul, Alexia & Crosetto, Paolo, 2016. "Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145875, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Crosetto, P. & Gaudeul, A., 2014. "Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion," Working Papers 2014-08, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
More about this item
KeywordsShareware; Software; Internet; Distribution; Intermediation; Directory; Repository; Advertising; Brand; Reputation; Asymmetric Information; Search; Sample;
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .