Global Trade Models and Economic Policy Analyses: Relevance, Risks and Repercussions for Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hakim Ben Hammouda & Patrick N. Osakwe, 2008. "Global Trade Models and Economic Policy Analyses: Relevance, Risks and Repercussions for Africa," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(2), pages 151-170, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Jing & Arndt, Channing, 2004.
"Parameter Estimation and Measures of Fit in A Global, General Equilibrium Model,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 626-649.
- Liu, Jing & Channing Arndt & Thomas Hertel, 2003. "Parameter Estimation and Measures of Fit in A Global, General Equilibrium Model," GTAP Working Papers 1200, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Tom Achterbosch & Hakim Ben Hammouda & Patrick Osakwe & Frank van Tongeren, 2004.
"Trade liberalisation under the Doha Development Agenda Options and consequences for Africa,"
- Achterbosch, Thom J. & Ben Hammouda, H. & Osakwe, Patrick N. & van Tongeren, Frank W., 2004. "Trade Liberalisation Under The Doha Development Agenda; Options And Consequences For Africa," Report Series 29104, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Angus Deaton, 1999. "Commodity Prices and Growth in Africa," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 23-40, Summer.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982. "Tariff Protection and Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 517, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Valenzuela, Ernesto & Hertel, Thomas & Keeney, Roman & Reimer, Jeff, 2005. "Assessing Global CGE Model Validity Using Agricultural Price Volatility," GTAP Working Papers 1875, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries," International Trade 0210003, EconWPA.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2006.
"Would Multilateral Trade Reform Benefit Sub-Saharan Africans?,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(4), pages 626-670, December.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Would multilateral trade reform benefit Sub-Saharan Africans?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3616, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2005. "Would Multilateral Trade Reform Benefit Sub-Saharan Africans?," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-18, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Would Multilateral Trade Reform Benefit Sub-Saharan Africans?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5049, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baunsgaard, Thomas & Keen, Michael, 2010. "Tax revenue and (or?) trade liberalization," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 563-577, October.
- Antoine Bouët & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Yvan Decreux & Sébastien Jean, 2005.
"Multilateral Agricultural Trade Liberalisation: The Contrasting Fortunes of Developing Countries in the Doha Round,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9), pages 1329-1354, September.
- Antoine Bouët & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Yvan Decreux & Sébastien Jean, 2004. "Multilateral Agricultural Trade Liberalization: The Contrasting Fortunes of Developing Countries in the Doha Round," Working Papers 2004-18, CEPII research center.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Antoine Bouet, Yvan Decreux, Sébastien Jean, 2005. "Multilateral agricultural trade liberalization: The contrasting fortunes of developing countries in the Doha Round," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp060, IIIS.
- Swamy, Anand V., 1997. "A simple test of the nutrition-based efficiency wage model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 85-98, June.
- Francois, Joseph, 1998. "Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition in the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 317, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Mohamed Hedi Bchir & Yvan Decreux & Jean-Louis Guerin & Sebastien Jean, 2002. "MIRAGE, un modele d'equilibre general calculable pour l'evaluation des politiques commerciales," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 89-90, pages 109-153.
- Timothy J. Kehoe, 2003.
"An evaluation of the performance of applied general equilibrium models of the impact of NAFTA,"
320, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Timothy J. Kehoe, 2003. "An Evaluation of the Performance of Applied General Equilibrium Models of the Impact of NAFTA," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000525, David K. Levine.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1990. "Implications of Credit Constraints for Risk Behaviour in Less Developed Economies," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 473-482, April.
- McKitrick, Ross R., 1998. "The econometric critique of computable general equilibrium modeling: the role of functional forms," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 543-573, October.
- Gene M. Grossman (ed.), 1992. "Imperfect Competition and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570939, January.
- Diao, Xinshen & Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Orden, David, 2005. "Tell me where it hurts, an' I'll tell you who to call," MTID discussion papers 84, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Douglas C. Lippoldt & Przemyslaw Kowalski, 2005. "Trade Preference Erosion: Expanded Assessment of Countries at Risk of Welfare Losses," OECD Trade Policy Papers 20, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cernat, Lucian & Onguglo, Bonapas, 2008.
"RTAs and WTO Compatibility: Catch Me If You Can? The Case of EPA Negotiations,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 489-517.
- Cernat, Lucian & Onguglo, Bonapas & Ito, Taisuke, 2007. "RTAs and WTO compatibility: Catch me if you can? The case of EPA negotiations," MPRA Paper 3645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vaqar Ahmed & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2010.
"External Shocks in a Small Open Economy: A CGE - Microsimulation Analysis,"
Lahore Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 45-90, Jan-Jun.
- Vaqar Ahmed & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2009. "External Shocks in a Small Open Economy: A CGE-Microsimulation Analysis," Working Papers 0142, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2009.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade Reforms; CGE Models; Doha Round; Africa;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-02-24 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2007-02-24 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-INT-2007-02-24 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .