Estimates of Trade-Related Adjustment Costs in Syria
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Saborowski, Christian, 2010. "Estimates of trade-related adjustment costs in Syria," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 843-864, November.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Saborowski, Christian, 2010. "Estimates of trade-related adjustment costs in Syria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5368, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Péridy, Nicolas & Abedini, Javad, 2008.
"The Greater Arab Free Trade Area(GAFTA): an Estimation of Its Trade Effects,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 848-872.
- Javad Abedini & Nicolas Péridy, 2008. "The Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA): an estimation of its trade effects," Post-Print hal-01298848, HAL.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004.
"Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 353-371, April.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2002. "Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3312, The World Bank.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2003. "GTAP-DD: A Model for Analyzing Trade Reforms in the Presence of Duty Drawbacks," GTAP Technical Papers 1192, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Alessandro Romagnoli & Luisa Mengoni, 2009. "The challenge of economic integration in the MENA region: from GAFTA and EU-MFTA to small scale Arab Unions," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 69-83, May.
- Brenton, Paul & Saborowski, Christian & Staritz, Cornelia & von Uexkull, Erik, 2009. "Assessing the adjustment implications of trade policy changes using TRIST (tariff reform impact simulation tool)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5045, The World Bank.
- Bevan, David, 1999. "Trade Liberalization and the Budget Deficit," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 653-694, November.
- Carl Davidson & Steve Matusz & Doug Nelson, 2006. "Fairness and the Political Economy of Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 989-1004, August.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hosoe, Nobuhiro, 2001. "A general equilibrium analysis of Jordan's trade liberalization," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 595-600, August.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Chemingui, Mohamed Abdelbasset & Dessus, Sébastien, 2008. "Assessing non-tariff barriers in Syria," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 917-928.
- Beatriz Gaitan & Bernd Lucke, 2007. "The Barcelona initiative and the importance of NTBs: a dynamic CGE-analysis for Syria," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 33-59, April.
- Atici, Cemal & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2005. "Tradeoffs between income distribution and welfare: The case of Turkey's integration into the European Union," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 553-563, July.
- Paul S. Armington, 1969. "A Theory of Demand for Products Distinguished by Place of Production (Une thÃ©orie de la demande de produits diffÃ©renciÃ©s d'aprÃ¨s leur origine) (Una teorÃa de la demanda de productos distinguiÃ©nd," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 159-178, March.
- Mitra, Pradeep, 1992. "The Coordinated Reform of Tariffs and Indirect Taxes," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 7(2), pages 195-218, July.
- Kouparitsas, Michael A., 2001. "Should trade barriers be phased-out slowly? A case study of North America," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 875-900, November.
- Davidson, Carl & Matusz, Steven J. & Nelson, Douglas R., 2007. "Can compensation save free trade?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 167-186, March.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhattacharyya, Ranajoy & Mandal, Avijit, 2016. "India–ASEAN Free Trade Agreement: An ex post evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 340-352.
- Lucke, Bernd & Zotti, Jacopo, 2016. "Macroeconomic effects of the Barcelona Initiative," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 837-854.
- Missaglia, Marco & Valensisi, Giovanni, 2014. "Trade policy in Palestine: A reassessment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 899-923.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade policy; trade adjustment costs; tariff reform; Syria;
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-10-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-INT-2009-10-03 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.