The earnings losses of injured men: Accounting for injuries outside the Workers' Compensation system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Biddle & Karen Roberts, 2003. "Claiming Behavior in Workers' Compensation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 759-780.
- Richard J. Butler & William G. Johnson & Marjorie L. Baldwin, 1995. "Managing Work Disability: Why First Return to Work is Not a Measure of Success," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(3), pages 452-469, April.
- Bound, John & Burkhauser, Richard V., 1999. "Economic analysis of transfer programs targeted on people with disabilities," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 3417-3528 Elsevier.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Butler, Richard J & Gardner, B Delworth & Gardner, Harold H, 1997. "Workers' Compensation Costs When Maximum Benefits Change," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 259-269, December.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Melissa S. Kearney, 2006. "The Polarization of the U.S. Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 189-194, May.
- Krueger, Alan B., 1990.
"Incentive effects of workers' compensation insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 73-99, February.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1989. "Incentive Effects of Workers' Compensation Insurance," NBER Working Papers 3089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darius N Lakdawalla & Robert T Reville & Seth A Seabury, 2007. "How Does Health Insurance Affect Workers' Compensation Filing?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 286-303, April.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles, 2003. "The Longitudinal Structure of Earnings Losses among Work-Limited Disabled Workers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(3).
- Robert T. Reville & Robert F. Schoeni, 2001. "Disability from Injuries at Work: The Effects on Earnings and Employment," Working Papers 01-08, RAND Corporation.
- Leslie I. Boden & Monica Galizzi, 2003. "Income Losses of Women and Men Injured at Work," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(3).
- Richard J. Butler & Marjorie L. Baldwin & William G. Johnson, 2006. "The Effects of Occupational Injuries After Returns to Work: Work Absences and Losses of On-the-Job Productivity," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(2), pages 309-334.
- Robert T. Reville & Robert F. Schoeni, 2000. "Disability from Injuries at Work The Effects on Earnings and Employment," Working Papers DRU-2554, RAND Corporation.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Woock, Christopher, 2009. "Do unions protect injured workers from earnings losses?," MPRA Paper 16856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkers' Compensation; injuries; earnings;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .