Income Losses of Women and Men Injured at Work
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hersch, Joni, 1998. "Compensating Differentials for Gender-Specific Job Injury Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 598-627, June.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Kuhn, P., 1995. "Demographic groups and personnel policy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 101-102, March.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Stephen R. G. Jones & Peter Kuhn, 1994. "Gender Differences in Displacement Cost: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 461-480.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Francine D. Blau, 1998.
"Trends in the Well-Being of American Women, 1970-1995,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 112-165, March.
- Francine D. Blau, 1997. "Trends in the Well-Being of American Women, 1970-1995," NBER Working Papers 6206, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- McCall, Brian P, 1997. "The Determinants of Full-Time versus Part-Time Reemployment Following Job Displacement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 714-734, October.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keith Bender & Colin Green & John Heywood, 2012.
"Piece rates and workplace injury: Does survey evidence support Adam Smith?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 569-590, January.
- K A Bender & C Green & J S Heywood, 2010. "Piece Rates and Workplace Injury: Does Survey Evidence Support Adam Smith?," Working Papers 609288, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Nan Maxwell & Albert Liu & Nathan Wozny & Caroline Massad Francis, 2013. "Addressing Return-to-Work Issues in the Federal Employees' Compensation Act with Administrative Data," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 8e3f929cbea0422e8272f03ab, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Schurer, Stefanie & Kühnle, Daniel & Scott, Anthony & Cheng, Terence Chai, 2012.
"One Man's Blessing, Another Woman's Curse? Family Factors and the Gender-Earnings Gap of Doctors,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefanie Schurer & Daniel Kuehnle & Anthony Scott & Terence Chai Cheng, 2012. "One Man's Blessing, Another Woman's Curse? Family Factors and the Gender-Earnings Gap of Doctors," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n24, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Elder, Todd E. & Goddeeris, John H. & Haider, Steven J., 2010.
"Unexplained gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder decompositions,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 284-290, January.
- Todd E. Elder & John H. Goddeeris & Steven J. Haider, 2009. "Unexplained Gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder Decompositions," CEPR Discussion Papers 600, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Elder, Todd E. & Goddeeris, John H. & Haider, Steven J., 2009. "Unexplained Gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder Decompositions," IZA Discussion Papers 4159, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Crichton & Steven Stillman & Dean Hyslop, 2011.
"Returning to Work from Injury: Longitudinal Evidence on Employment and Earnings,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(4), pages 765-785, July.
- Crichton, Sarah & Stillman, Steven & Hyslop, Dean, 2005. "Returning to Work from Injury: Longitudinal Evidence on Employment and Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 1857, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jeon, Sung-Hee & Pohl, R. Vincent, 2017.
"Health and work in the family: Evidence from spouses’ cancer diagnoses,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-18.
- Jeon, Sung Hee & Pohl, R. Vincent, 2016. "Health and Work in the Family: Evidence from Spouses? Cancer Diagnoses," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2016381e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- repec:mpr:mprres:8158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andersen, Signe Hald, 2010. "The cost of sickness: On the effect of the duration of sick leave on post-sick leave earnings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1581-1589, May.
- Woock, Christopher, 2009. "Do unions protect injured workers from earnings losses?," MPRA Paper 16856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G. Russo & W.H.J. Hassink, 2005. "The Part-Time Wage Penalty: a Career Perspective," Working Papers 05-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Foster, Gigi & Frijters, Paul & Johnston, David W., 2012. "The triumph of hope over disappointment: A note on the utility value of good health expectations," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 206-214.
- Pedersen, Morten Saaby & Arendt, Jacob Nielsen, 2014. "Bargaining for health: A case study of a collective agreement-based health program for manual workers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 123-136.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0878-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:7900 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galizzi, Monica & Zagorsky, Jay L., 2009. "How do on-the-job injuries and illnesses impact wealth?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 26-36, January.
- Woock, Christopher, 2007. "The earnings losses of injured men: Accounting for injuries outside the Workers' Compensation system," MPRA Paper 14688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Frijters & Gigi Foster & David W. Johnston, 2012. "The triumph of hope over regret: A note on the utility value of good health expectations," Discussion Papers Series 451, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Stefanie Schurer & Daniel Kuehnle & Anthony Scott & Terence C. Cheng, 2016. "A Man's Blessing or a Woman's Curse? The Family Earnings Gap of Doctors," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 385-414, July.
- Russo, Giovanni & Hassink, Wolter, 2005. "The Part-Time Wage Penalty: A Career Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 1468, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nan L. Maxwell & Nathan Wozny, 2014. "Risk Factors Associated with Disability Following Work-Related Injuries," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3cd8cee9c4814af5a406f839c, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Mohamed Ali Ben Halima & Camille Regaert, 2015. "Quel est l'impact de la survenue d'un accident du travail sur la santé et le parcours professionnel ?," Working Papers DT68, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Jul 2015.
- Ángel Martín-Román & Alfonso Moral, 2017.
"A methodological proposal to evaluate the cost of duration moral hazard in workplace accident insurance,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(9), pages 1181-1198, December.
- Martín-Román, Angel & Moral, Alfonso, 2015. "A methodological proposal to evaluate the cost of duration moral hazard in workplace accident insurance," MPRA Paper 62020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:irlaec:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:58-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bronchetti, Erin Todd, 2012. "Workers' compensation and consumption smoothing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(5), pages 495-508.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:38:y:2003:i:3:p722-757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.