Hopping on the Methadone Bus
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marnik G. Dekimpe & Linda M. Van de Gucht & Dominique M. Hanssens & Keiko I. Powers, 1998. "Long-Run Abstinence After Narcotics Abuse: What Are the Odds?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-1), pages 1478-1492, November.
- Ziggy MacDonald, 2004.
"What Price Drug Use? The Contribution of Economics to an Evidence-Based Drugs Policy,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 113-152, April.
- Ziggy MacDonald, "undated". "What Price Drug Use? The Contribution of Economics to an Evidence-Based Drugs Policy," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 01/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 1999. "The Demand for Illicit Drugs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(3), pages 401-411, July.
- Staines, Graham L. & Blankertz, Laura & Magura, Stephen & Cleland, Charles M. & Bali, Priti, 2005. "Evaluating vocational rehabilitation programs for substance users: issues in designing and implementing randomized studies," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 61-68.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Robert W. Rosenthal & Andrew Weiss, 1984. "Mixed-Strategy Equilibrium in a Market with Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 333-342.
- Donohue, John J, III & Levitt, Steven D, 1998. "Guns, Violence, and the Efficiency of Illegal Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 463-467, May.
- Harry Clarke, 2003. "Economic Analysis of Public Policies for Controlling Heroin Use," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 234-252, June.
- Richard Stevenson, 1994. "Harm Reduction, Rational Addiction, And The Optimal Prescribing Of Illegal Drugs," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(3), pages 101-108, July.
- Bruno S. Frey, 1997. "Drugs: Drugs, economics and policy," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(25), pages 387-398, October.
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, II: Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 27-41.
More about this item
KeywordsDrugs; Drug Policy; Drug Dealing; Free Drug Programs; Screening;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .