Arrest Avoidance: Law Enforcement and the Price of Cocaine
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuan, Yuehong & Caulkins, Jonathan P., 1998. "The Effect of Variation in High-level Domestic Drug Enforcement on Variation in Drug Prices," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 265-276, December.
- Steven D. Levitt & Sudhir Alladi Venkatesh, 2000.
"An Economic Analysis of a Drug-Selling Gang's Finances,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 755-789.
- Steven D. Levitt & Sudhir Alladi Venkatesh, 1998. "An Economic Analysis of a Drug-Selling Gang's Finances," NBER Working Papers 6592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael & Chaloupka, Frank J., 1998.
"The demand for cocaine by young adults: a rational addiction approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 427-474, August.
- Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka & Charles C. Brown, 1996. "The Demand for Cocaine by Young Adults: A Rational Addiction Approach," NBER Working Papers 5713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kuziemko, Ilyana & Levitt, Steven D., 2004.
"An empirical analysis of imprisoning drug offenders,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 2043-2066, August.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Steven D. Levitt, 2001. "An Empirical Analysis of Imprisoning Drug Offenders," NBER Working Papers 8489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff DeSimone & Matthew C. Farrelly, 2003.
"Price and Enforcement Effects on Cocaine and Marijuana Demand,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(1), pages 98-115, January.
- Jeff DeSimone & Matthew C. Farrelly, "undated". "Price and Enforcement Effects on Cocaine and Marijuana Demand," Working Papers 0101, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Desimone, Jeff, 2001. "The Effect of Cocaine Prices on Crime," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(4), pages 627-643, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manolis Galenianos & Alessandro Gavazza, 2014.
"A quantitative analysis of the retail market for illicit drugs,"
2014 Meeting Papers
618, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Galenianos, Manolis & Gavazza, Alessandro, 2015. "A Quantitative Analysis of the Retail Market for Illicit Drugs," CEPR Discussion Papers 10363, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manolis Galenianos & Alessandro Gavazza, 2014. "A Quantitative Analysis of the Retail Market for Illicit Drugs," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 53, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Robert Lawson & Todd Nesbit, 2013. "Alchian and Allen Revisited: Law Enforcement and the Price of Weed," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 363-370, December.
- Kyle W. O’Donnell, 2015. "The cultural and political economy of drug prohibition," Chapters,in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 19, pages 418-435 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:52:y:2009:i:1:p:19-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.