Which Portuguese firms are more innovative? The importance of multinationals and exporters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Silva, Maria José & Leitão, João, 2007. "Cooperation in Innovation Practices among Portuguese Firms: Do Universities Interface Innovative Advances?," MPRA Paper 5215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Parente, Stephen L & Prescott, Edward C, 1994. "Barriers to Technology Adoption and Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 298-321, April.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1982. "R&D, patenting and innovative activities : A statistical exploration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 33-51, February.
- Roberto Alvarez & Raymond Robertson, 2004. "Exposure to foreign markets and plant-level innovation: evidence from Chile and Mexico," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 57-87.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Roper, Stephen & Du, Jun & Love, James H., 2008. "Modelling the innovation value chain," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 961-977, July.
- Criscuolo, Chiara & Haskel, Jonathan E. & Slaughter, Matthew J., 2010.
"Global engagement and the innovation activities of firms,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 191-202, March.
- Chiara Criscuolo & Jonathan E. Haskel & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2005. "Global Engagement and the Innovation Activities of Firms," NBER Working Papers 11479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Luisa Mancusi, 2004.
"International Spillovers and Absorptive Capacity: A cross-country, cross-sector analysis based on European patents and citations,"
STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers
35, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Mancusi, Maria Luisa, 2004. "International spillovers and absorptive capacity: a cross-country, cross-sector analysis based on European patents and citations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6737, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ronna Cong, 2001. "Marginal effects of the tobit model," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(56).
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-432, June.
- Knut Blind & Andre Jungmittag, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment, Imports and Innovations in the Service Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(2), pages 205-227, June.
- Lederman, Daniel, 2009. "The business of product innovation : international empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4840, The World Bank.
- Cassey Lee & Lee Chew ging, 2007. "SME Innovation in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(30), pages 1-12.
- Silva, Maria José & Leitão, João, 2007. "What Determines the Entrepreneurial Innovative Capability of Portuguese Industrial Firms?," MPRA Paper 5216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMultinational firms; exporting; knowledge-production functions; Portugal;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-06-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2009-06-03 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TID-2009-06-03 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .