Cooperation in Innovation Practices among Portuguese Firms: Do Universities Interface Innovative Advances?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Kaufmann & Franz Todtling, 2000. "Systems of Innovation in Traditional Industrial Regions: The Case of Styria in a Comparative Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 29-40.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 2005.
"R&D cooperation between firms and universities. Some empirical evidence from Belgian manufacturing,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 355-379, June.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "R&D Cooperation Between Firms and Universities: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgian Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 3951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fritsch, M. & Lukas, R., 1998. "Innovation, Cooperation, and the Region," Papers 98/1, Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Micheal Fritsch & Christian Schwirten, 1999. "Enterprise-University Co-operation and the Role of Public Research Institutions in Regional Innovation Systems," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 69-83.
- Becker, Wolfgang & Dietz, Jurgen, 2004.
"R&D cooperation and innovation activities of firms--evidence for the German manufacturing industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 209-223, March.
- Wolfgang Becker & Juergen Dietz, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Innovation Activities of Firms - Evidence for the German Manufacturing Industry -," Discussion Paper Series 222, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- Romijn, Henny & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2002. "Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1053-1067, September.
- Maria José Madeira Silva & Mário Lino Barata Raposo & Maria Eugénia Ferrão & Juan José Jiménez Moreno, 2005. "Relacionamentos Externos no âmbito da Inovação Empresarial: Modelo aplicado aos avanços inovadores," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 5-19.
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Schmidt, Tobias, 2007. "Motives for Innovation Co-operation? Evidence from the Canadian Survey of Innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-018, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Furman, Jeffrey L. & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott, 2002. "The determinants of national innovative capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 899-933, August.
- Bayona, Cristina & Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Huerta, Emilio, 2001. "Firms' motivations for cooperative R&D: an empirical analysis of Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1289-1307, October.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Todtling, Franz, 2001.
"Science-industry interaction in the process of innovation: the importance of boundary-crossing between systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 791-804, May.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Tödtling, Franz, 2000. "Science-Industry Interaction In The Process Of Innovation - The Importance Of Boundary-Crossing Between Systems," ERSA conference papers ersa00p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Giovanni Dosi & Christopher Freeman & Richard Nelson & Gerarld Silverberg & Luc Soete (ed.), 1988. "Technical Change and Economic Theory," LEM Book Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy, number dosietal-1988, August.
- Michael Fritsch, 2001. "Co-operation in Regional Innovation Systems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 297-307.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armando Silva & Ana Paula Africano & Oscar Afonso, 2009. "Which Portuguese firms are more innovative? The importance of multinationals and exporters," FEP Working Papers 326, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Networks; Entrepreneurial Innovation Capability;
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2007-10-20 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2007-10-20 (Education)
- NEP-ENT-2007-10-20 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2007-10-20 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2007-10-20 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2007-10-20 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-10-20 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2007-10-20 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.