A probabilistic position value
In this article, we generalize the position value, defined by Meessen (1988) for the class of deterministic communication situations, to the class of generalized probabilistic communication situations (G´omez et al. (2008)). We provide two characterizations of this new allocation rule. Following in Slikker’s (2005a) footsteps, we characterize the probabilistic position value using probabilistic versions of component eciency and balanced link contributions. Then we generalize the notion of link potential, defined by Slikker (2005b) for the class of deterministic communication situations, to the class of generalized probabilistic communication situations, and use it to characterize our allocation rule. Finally, we show that these two characterizations are logically equivalent.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezö u. 15-17|
Web page: http://www.kgk.uni-obuda.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamiache, Gerard, 1999. "A Value with Incomplete Communication," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 59-78, January.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Other publications TiSEM 5a8473e4-1df7-42df-ad53-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Xavier Chojnicki & Lionel Ragot, 2014.
"Impacts of Immigration on Aging Welfare-State An Applied General Equilibrium Model for France,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2014-33, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Xavier Chojnicki & Lionel Ragot, 2011. "Impacts of Immigration on Aging Welfare-State An Applied General Equilibrium Model for France," Working Papers 2011-13, CEPII research center.
- Xavier Chojnicki & Lionel Ragot, 2011. "Impacts of Immigration on Aging Welfare-State An Applied General Equilibrium Model for France," Working Papers hal-01017195, HAL.
- William Thomson, 2001. "On the axiomatic method and its recent applications to game theory and resource allocation," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 18(2), pages 327-386.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Calvo, Emilio & Lasaga, Javier & van den Nouweland, Anne, 1999. "Values of games with probabilistic graphs," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-95, January.
- Gómez, D. & González-Arangüena, E. & Manuel, C. & Owen, G., 2008. "A value for generalized probabilistic communication situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 539-556, October.
- repec:spr:compst:v:47:y:1998:i:3:p:423-449 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pkk:wpaper:1006.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Vécsey)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.