A value for generalized probabilistic communication situations
We introduce in this work an extension of the model of games with probabilistic graphs arising in Calvo et al. (1999, Math. Soc. Sci. 37, 79), which itself generalizes the one developed by Myerson (1977, Math. of Oper. Res. 2, 225) for games with communications restrictions. In the first of these models, each pair of nodes has a given probability of direct communication. In this paper a more general setting is considered: we suppose that a probability distribution over the set of all possible communication networks among the players is given. A generalization of the Myerson value is defined and characterized in this context.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jackson, Matthew O., 2005.
"Allocation rules for network games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 128-154, April.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Working Papers 2003.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Working Papers 1160, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Game Theory and Information 0303010, EconWPA.
- Calvo, Emilio & Lasaga, Javier & van den Nouweland, Anne, 1999. "Values of games with probabilistic graphs," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-95, January.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M., 1991.
"On the convexity of communication games,"
Other publications TiSEM
e754cb6a-f695-4099-bfbf-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gomez, Daniel & Gonzalez-Aranguena, Enrique & Manuel, Conrado & Owen, Guillermo & del Pozo, Monica & Tejada, Juan, 2003. "Centrality and power in social networks: a game theoretic approach," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 27-54, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:190:y:2008:i:2:p:539-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.