Values on regular games under Kirchhoff's laws
The Shapley value is a central notion defining a rational way to share the total worth of a cooperative game among players. We address a general framework leading to applications to games with communication graphs, where the feasible coalitions form a poset whose all maximal chains have the same length. Considering a new way to define the symmetry among players, we propose an axiomatization of the Shapley value of these games. Borrowing ideas from electric networks theory, we show that our symmetry axiom and the efficiency axiom correspond to the two Kirchhoff's laws in the circuit associated to the Hasse diagram of feasible coalitions.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Mathematical Social Sciences, 2009, 58, 3, 322-340|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00496553|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang, Yan-An & Liao, Yu-Hsien, 2008. "Potential approach and characterizations of a Shapley value in multi-choice games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 321-335, November.
- Robert J. Weber, 1977.
"Probabilistic Values for Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
471R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ren� van den Brink & Gerard van der Laan & Vitaly Pruzhansky, 2004. "Harsanyi Power Solutions for Graph-restricted Games," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-095/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michel Grabisch & Fabien Lange, 2007. "Games on lattices, multichoice games and the Shapley value: a new approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00178916, HAL.
- Calvo, Emilio & Lasaga, Javier & van den Nouweland, Anne, 1999. "Values of games with probabilistic graphs," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-95, January.
- Michel Grabisch & Fabien Lange, 2007. "Games on lattices, multichoice games and the shapley value: a new approach," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 153-167, February.
- Faigle, U & Kern, W, 1992. "The Shapley Value for Cooperative Games under Precedence Constraints," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 249-66.
- Pradeep Dubey & Abraham Neyman & Robert J. Weber, 1979. "Value Theory without Efficiency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 513, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00496553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.