Average tree solutions and the distribution of Harsanyi dividends
We consider communication situations games being the combination of a TU-game and a communication graph. We study the average tree (AT) solutions introduced by Herings \sl et al.  and . The AT solutions are defined with respect to a set, say T, of rooted spanning trees of the communication graph. We characterize these solutions by efficiency, linearity and an axiom of T-hierarchy. Then we prove the following results. Firstly, the AT solution with respect to T is a Harsanyi solution if and only if T is a subset of the set of trees introduced in . Secondly, the latter set is constructed by the classical DFS algorithm and the associated AT solution coincides with the Shapley value when the communication graph is complete. Thirdly, the AT solution with respect to trees constructed by the other classical algorithm BFS yields the equal surplus division when the communication graph is complete.
|Date of creation:||04 Sep 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J., 2008.
"The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games,"
Other publications TiSEM
f243609c-2847-415f-ae52-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Herings, P. Jean Jacques & van der Laan, Gerard & Talman, Dolf, 2008. "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 77-92, January.
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf, "undated". "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2155, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mishra, D. & Talman, A.J.J., 2010.
"A characterization of the average tree solution for cycle-free graph games,"
Other publications TiSEM
6cab0e52-fe09-4428-8df6-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mishra, D. & Talman, A.J.J., 2009. "A Characterization of the Average Tree Solution for Cycle-Free Graph Games," Discussion Paper 2009-17, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2004.
"On group stability in hierarchies and networks,"
- Gilles, Robert P & Owen, Guillermo & van den Brink, Rene, 1992. "Games with Permission Structures: The Conjunctive Approach," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 20(3), pages 277-293.
- Faigle, U & Kern, W, 1992. "The Shapley Value for Cooperative Games under Precedence Constraints," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 21(3), pages 249-266.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Other publications TiSEM 5a8473e4-1df7-42df-ad53-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17909. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.