Poverty in Shenzhen
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Knight, John & Song, Lina, 1999. "The Rural-Urban Divide: Economic Disparities and Interactions in China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293309.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Issues in Measuring and Modelling Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1328-1343, September.
- Grootaert, Christiaan & Braithwaite, Jeanine, 1998. "Poverty correlates and indicator-based targeting in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1942, The World Bank.
- John Knight & Lina Song, 2003. "Increasing urban wage inequality in China," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(4), pages 597-619, December.
- Jinjun Xue & Wei Zhong, 2003. "Unemployment, Poverty and Income Disparity in Urban China," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 383-405, December.
- Lu, Zhigang & Song, Shunfeng, 2006. "Rural-urban migration and wage determination: The case of Tianjin, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 337-345.
- Aimin Chen & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Determinants of Urban Migration: Evidence from Chinese Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(12), pages 2189-2197, November.
- C Cindy Fan, 2001. "Migration and labor-market returns in urban China: results from a recent survey in Guangzhou," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(3), pages 479-508, March.
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1997. "The Determinants of Poverty in Cote d'Ivoire in the 1980s," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(2), pages 169-196, July.
More about this item
KeywordsShenzhen; Poverty; Education;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdn:ciepap:28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WP-WiWi-Info). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cipadde.html .