Explaining entrepreneurial orientation among university students: evidence from Italy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alessandro Arrighetti & Luca Caricati & Fabio Landini & Nadia Monacelli, 2013. "Explaining entrepreneurial orientation among university students: Evidence from italy," Working Papers 1301, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yasemin Y. Kor & Joseph T. Mahoney & Steven C. Michael, 2007. "Resources, Capabilities and Entrepreneurial Perceptions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1187-1212, November.
- KruegerJR, Norris F. & Reilly, Michael D. & Carsrud, Alan L., 2000. "Competing models of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 411-432.
- Magda Bianco & Maria Bontempi & Roberto Golinelli & Giuseppe Parigi, 2013. "Family firms’ investments, uncertainty and opacity," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 1035-1058, May.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Francisco LiÃ±Ã¡n & Juan Carlos RodrÃguez-Cohard & JosÃ© Manuel Rueda-Cantuche, 2005. "Factors affecting entrepreneurial intention levels," ERSA conference papers ersa05p432, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:13:y:2007:i:4:p:443-453 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Lena & Wong, Poh Kam & Foo, Maw Der & Leung, Aegean, 2011.
"Entrepreneurial intentions: The influence of organizational and individual factors,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 124-136, January.
- Lee, Lena & Wong, Poh Kam & Foo, Maw Der & Leung, Aegean, 2009. "Entrepreneurial intentions: The influence of organizational and individual factors," MPRA Paper 16195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raijman, Rebeca, 2001. "Determinants of entrepreneurial intentions: Mexican immigrants in Chicago," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 393-411.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- William Norton & William Moore, 2006. "The Influence of Entrepreneurial Risk Assessment on Venture Launch or Growth Decisions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 215-226, April.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- Chen, Chao C. & Greene, Patricia Gene & Crick, Ann, 1998. "Does entrepreneurial self-efficacy distinguish entrepreneurs from managers?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 295-316, July.
- Justin Van Der Sluis & Mirjam Van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2008. "Education And Entrepreneurship Selection And Performance: A Review Of The Empirical Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 795-841, December.
- Riccardo Fini & Rosa Grimaldi & Maurizio Sobrero, 2009. "Factors fostering academics to start up new ventures: an assessment of Italian founders’ incentives," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 380-402, August.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1988. "Entrepreneurs' perceived chances for success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-108.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
- C. M. Van Praag & J. S. Cramer, 2001. "The Roots of Entrepreneurship and Labour Demand: Individual Ability and Low Risk Aversion," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(269), pages 45-62, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Israr & Mazhar Saleem, 2018. "Entrepreneurial intentions among university students in Italy," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Antonio Thomas & Renato Passaro & Giuseppe Scandurra, 2014. "The Perception of the Contextual Factors as Predictor of Entrepreneurial Intent: Evidences from an Empirical Survey," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(04), pages 375-400.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- A. Arrighetti & F. Landini & L. Caricati & N. Monacelli, 2015. "Entrepreneurial intention in the time of crisis: a field study," Economics Department Working Papers 2015-EP05, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Laffineur, Catherine & Dubard Barbosa, Saulo & Fayolle, Alain & Montmartin, Benjamin, 2020. "The unshackled entrepreneur: Occupational determinants of entrepreneurial effort," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(5).
- Davide Antonioli & Francesco Nicolli & Laura Ramaciotti & Ugo Rizzo, 2016. "The Effect of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations on Academics’ Entrepreneurial Intention," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-18, November.
- Traikova, Diana, 2013. "Determinants of non-farm entrepreneurial intentions in a transitional context: Evidence from rural Bulgaria," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 72, number 72, June.
- Zellweger, Thomas & Sieger, Philipp & Halter, Frank, 2011. "Should I stay or should I go? Career choice intentions of students with family business background," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 521-536, September.
- Hsu, Dan K. & Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Simmons, Sharon A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Hong, Michelle C. & Pipes, Jesse D., 2019. "“I know I can, but I don't fit”: Perceived fit, self-efficacy, and entrepreneurial intention," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 311-326.
- Niklas Elert, 2014. "What determines entry? Evidence from Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(1), pages 55-92, August.
- Edo Rajh & Jelena Budak & Jovo Ateljevic & Ljupco Davcev & Tamara Jovanov & Kosovka Ognjenovic, 2016. "Entrepreneurial Intentions in Selected Southeast European Countries," Working Papers 1609, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Nadia Simoes & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira, 2016.
"Individual Determinants Of Self-Employment Entry: What Do We Really Know?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 783-806, September.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aloña Martiarena, 2013. "What’s so entrepreneurial about intrapreneurs?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 27-39, January.
- Ben Youssef, Adel & Boubaker, Sabri & Dedaj, But & Carabregu-Vokshi, Mjellma, 2021.
"Digitalization of the economy and entrepreneurship intention,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Adel Ben Youssef & Sabri Boubaker & But Dedaj & Mjellma Carabregu-Vokshi, 2020. "Digitalization of the economy and entrepreneurship intention," Post-Print hal-03052852, HAL.
- Gümüsay, Ali Aslan & Bohné, Thomas Marc, 2018. "Individual and organizational inhibitors to the development of entrepreneurial competencies in universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 363-378.
- Veronique Schutjens & Erik Stam, 2006.
"Starting anew: Entrepreneurial intentions and realizations subsequent to business closure,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2006-10, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Erik Stam & Veronique Schutjens, 2006. "Starting anew: Entrepreneurial intentions and realizations subsequent to business closure," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0605, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2006.
- Schutjens, V. & Stam, F.C., 2006. "Starting Anew: Entrepreneurial Intentions and Realizations Subsequent to Business Closure," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-015-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Heinrichs, Simon & Walter, Sascha, 2013. "Who Becomes an Entrepreneur? A 30-Years-Review of Individual-Level Research and an Agenda for Future Research," EconStor Preprints 68590, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Ferrante, Francesco & Federici, Daniela & Parisi, Valentino, 2017. "University Students and Entrepreneurship. Some insights from a population-based survey," MPRA Paper 76980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen Păunescu & Mihaela Cornelia Popescu & Matthias Duennweber, 2018. "Factors Determining Desirability of Entrepreneurship in Romania," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-22, October.
- Douglas, Evan J., 2013. "Reconstructing entrepreneurial intentions to identify predisposition for growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 633-651.
- Douglas, Evan & Prentice, Catherine, 2019. "Innovation and profit motivations for social entrepreneurship: A fuzzy-set analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 69-79.
- Sarah Brown & Lisa Farrell & Mark N. Harris & John G. Sessions, 2006. "Risk preference and employment contract type," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 169(4), pages 849-863, October.
- Paul A. Coomes & Jose Fernandez & Stephan F. Gohmann, 2013. "The Rate of Proprietorship Among Metropolitan Areas: The Impact of the Local Economic Environment and Capital Resources," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(4), pages 745-770, July.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurial intent; university students; Italy; economic crisis;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2013-08-31 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2013-08-31 (Education)
- NEP-ENT-2013-08-31 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-SBM-2013-08-31 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:par:dipeco:2013-ep04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feparit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Andrea Lasagni (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feparit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.