The strategic bequest motive: evidence from SHARE
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2010.
"Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 643-663, March.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2006. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," CSEF Working Papers 158, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2008. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Maria Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2006. "Do the Elderly Reduce Housing Equity? An International Comparison," LIS Working papers 436, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2004. "Aging and Housing Equity: Another Look," NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 127-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renuka Sane & Susan Thomas, 2015.
"In Search of Inclusion: Informal Sector Participation in a Voluntary, Defined Contribution Pension System,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(10), pages 1409-1424, October.
- Renuka Sane & Susan Thomas, 2013. "In Search of Inclusion: Informal Sector Participation in a Voluntary, Defined Contribution Pension System," Working Papers id:5553, eSocialSciences.
- Renuka Sane & Susan Thomas, 2013. "In search of inclusion: informal sector participation in a voluntary, defined contribution pension system," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2013-022, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Anna Nicińska, 2013. "Are bequests preceded by a will? Evidence from Europe, US, and Australia," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 34.
- Elinder Mikael & Erixson Oscar & Ohlsson Henry, 2012.
"The Impact of Inheritances on Heirs' Labor and Capital Income,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-37, December.
- Elinder, Mikael & Erixson, Oscar & Ohlsson, Henry, 2010. "The Effect of Inheritance Receipt on Labor and Capital Income: Evidence from Swedish Panel Data," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:3, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Elinder, Mikael & Erixson, Oscar & Ohlsson, Henry, 2011. "Carnegie visits Nobel: Do inheritances affect labor and capital income?," Working Paper Series 2011:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Oded Stark & Anna Nicinska, 2015.
"How Inheriting Affects Bequest Plans,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82, pages 1126-1152, December.
- Stark, Oded & Nicinska, Anna, 2015. "How inheriting affects bequest plans," Discussion Papers 212931, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stark, Oded & Nicinska, Anna, 2015. "How inheriting affects bequest plans," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 86, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Stark, Oded & Nicinska, Anna, 2015. "How inheriting affects bequest plans," Discussion Papers 208141, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Viola Angelini & Agar Brugiavini & Guglielmo Weber, 2014.
"The dynamics of homeownership among the 50+ in Europe,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 797-823, July.
- Angelini, Viola & Brugiavini, Agar & Weber, Guglielmo, 2012. "The Dynamics of Homeownership Among the 50+ in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 8889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ivo Bischoff & Nataliya Kusa, 2016. "Should there be a more active role of family care assistants in long-term care provision? – survey evidence on the view of German citizens," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201642, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Rob Alessie & Viola Angelini & Giacomo Pasini, 2014.
"Is It True Love? Altruism Versus Exchange in Time and Money Transfers,"
Springer, vol. 162(2), pages 193-213, June.
- Giacomo Pasini & Rob Alessie & Viola Angelini, 2011. "Is it true love? Altruism versus exchange in time and money transfers," Working Papers 2011_27, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Meng, Annika, 2009. "Do Parents Buy Their Children's Attention?," Ruhr Economic Papers 153, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Norifumi Yukutake & Shinichiro Iwata & Takako Idee, 2011. "Strategic Interaction between Inter Vivos Gifts and Housing Acquisition," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-201, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
Keywordsintergenerational transfers; strategic bequest; inheritance laws; multiple imputation.;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2008-01-05 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2008-01-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pad:wpaper:0062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raffaele Dei Campielisi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dspadit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.