Should there be a more active role of family care assistants in long-term care provision? – survey evidence on the view of German citizens
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Wolff & Maury Gittleman, 2014.
"Inheritances and the distribution of wealth or whatever happened to the great inheritance boom?,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(4), pages 439-468, December.
- Wolff, Edward N. & Gittleman, Maury, 2011. "Inheritances and the distribution of wealth or whatever happened to the great inheritance boom?," Working Paper Series 1300, European Central Bank.
- Edward N. Wolff & Maury Gittleman, 2011. "Inheritances and the Distribution of Wealth Or Whatever Happened to the Great Inheritance Boom?," BCL working papers 55, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Edward N. Wolff & Maury Gittleman, 2011. "Inheritances and the Distribution of Wealth Or Whatever Happened to the Great Inheritance Boom?," Working Papers 445, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Matteo Lippi Bruni & Cristina Ugolini, 2016.
"Delegating home care for the elderly to external caregivers? An empirical study on Italian data,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 155-183, March.
- Matteo Lippi Bruni & Cristina Ugolini, 2016. "Delegating home care for the elderly to external caregivers? An empirical study on Italian data," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 155-183, March.
- M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2013. "Delegating home care for the elderly to external caregivers? An empirical study on Italian data," Working Papers wp905, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2004.
"Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1669-1681, December.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2003. "Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests," Working Papers 03-01, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2003. "Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests," NBER Working Papers 9745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elenka Brenna & Cinzia Novi, 2016. "Is caring for older parents detrimental to women’s mental health? The role of the European North–South gradient," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 745-778, December.
- Johannes Geyer & Erika Schulz, 2014. "Who cares? Die Bedeutung der informellen Pflege durch Erwerbstätige in Deutschland," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 81(14), pages 294-301.
- Arrondel, Luc & Masson, Andre, 2001. " Family Transfers Involving Three Generations," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(3), pages 415-443, September.
- Birney, Mayling & Graetz, Michael J. & Shapiro, Ian, 2006. "Public Opinion and the Push toRepeal the Estate Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 59(3), pages 439-461, September.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- McGarry, Kathleen, 1999. "Inter vivos transfers and intended bequests," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 321-351, September.
- Viola Angelini, 2007. "The strategic bequest motive: evidence from SHARE," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0062, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Ivo Bischoff & Nataliya Kusa, 2016. "Should wealth transfers be taxed? Citizens’ view on a fundamental question," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201636, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Mónika López-Anuarbe, 2013. "Intergenerational transfers in long term care," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 235-258, June.
- Edward C. Norton & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2006. "Inter-vivos Transfers and Exchange," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 157-172, July.
- Henrik Hammar & Sverker C. Jagers & Katarina Nordblom, 2008. "Attitudes towards Tax Levels: A Multi-Tax Comparison," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 29(4), pages 523-543, December.
More about this item
Keywordslong-term care; intergenerational transfers; citizens’ preferences; inheritance taxation; filial responsibility;
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2017-01-01 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-01-01 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2017-01-01 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2017-01-01 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.