The role of entrepreneurial culture and human capital in innovation
The objective of the present study is to analyze the role played by the entrepreneurial culture of the organization and the value and uniqueness of employees’ knowledge (human capital) in generating innovation. This research has been conducted with a sample of companies in the most innovative sectors of Spanish industry, applying the Partial Least Squares (PLS) technique. The results demonstrate significant relationships between innovation and the two dimensions of the human capital .We have also found that entrepreneurial culture acts as a moderating variable between human capital and innovation, in the way that employees of high value generate more innovation in the presence of this type of culture.
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carretera de Utrera km.1, 41013 Sevilla|
Phone: + 34 954 34 9283
Fax: + 34 954 34 8353
Web page: http://www.upo.es/dde/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gopalakrishnan, S. & Damanpour, F., 1997. "A review of innovation research in economics, sociology and technology management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 15-28, February.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P., 1990. "New venture strategic posture, structure, and performance: An industry life cycle analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 123-135, March.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. " A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Meer-Kooistra, Jeltje van der & Zijlstra, Siebren M., 2001. "Reporting on intellectual capital," Research Report 01E50, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e50 is not listed on IDEAS
- JS Armstrong & Terry Overton, 2005. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," General Economics and Teaching 0502044, EconWPA.
- Claes Fornell & Peter Lorange & Johan Roos, 1990. "The Cooperative Venture Formation Process: A Latent Variable Structural Modeling Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1246-1255, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpbsad:09.02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.