When More Is Less: The Moderating Role Of Cross-Functional Integration And Organizational Knowledge Complexity On Product Innovation Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fariborz Damanpour & Shanthi Gopalakrishnan, 2001. "The Dynamics of the Adoption of Product and Process Innovations in Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 45-65, January.
- Danny Miller & Peter H. Friesen, 1978. "Archetypes of Strategy Formulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(9), pages 921-933, May.
- Kenneth E. Knight, 1967. "A Descriptive Model of the Intra-Firm Innovation Process," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 478-478.
- Raju, P.S. & Lonial, Subhash C. & Crum, Michael D., 2011. "Market orientation in the context of SMEs: A conceptual framework," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1320-1326.
- Thornhill, Stewart, 2006. "Knowledge, innovation and firm performance in high- and low-technology regimes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 687-703, September.
- Deborah Dougherty, 1992. "Interpretive Barriers to Successful Product Innovation in Large Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 179-202, May.
- Mohan Subramaniam & N. Venkatraman, 2001. "Determinants of transnational new product development capability: testing the influence of transferring and deploying tacit overseas knowledge," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 359-378, April.
- Pelham, Alfred M., 1999. "Influence of Environment, Strategy, and Market Orientation on Performance in Small Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 33-46, May.
- Gomes, Jorge F. & Weerd-Nederhof, Petra C. de & Pearson, Alan W. & Miguel Pina e Cunha, 2000. "Is more always better? An exploration of the differential effects of functional integration on performance in new product development," Nova SBE Working Paper Series wp393, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Nova School of Business and Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pérez-Luño, Ana & Wiklund, Johan & Cabrera, Ramón Valle, 2011. "The dual nature of innovative activity: How entrepreneurial orientation influences innovation generation and adoption," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 555-571, September.
- Dorra Yahiaoui & Hela Chebbi, 2008. "The limits of top-down transfers within a multinational corporation: the need for knowledge hybridization," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 85-104.
- Terziovski, Milé & Guerrero, Jose-Luis, 2014. "ISO 9000 quality system certification and its impact on product and process innovation performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 197-207.
- Sonia Adam-Ledunois & Sébastien Damart, 2016. "Innovation managériale… ou pas ? Design d'une méthodologie d'analyse critique des objets de management," Post-Print hal-01780623, HAL.
- Xuemei Xie & Jiuchang Lv, 2016. "Social networks of female tech-entrepreneurs and new venture performance: the moderating effects of entrepreneurial alertness and gender discrimination," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 963-983, December.
- Jiménez-Jiménez, Daniel & Sanz-Valle, Raquel, 2011. "Innovation, organizational learning, and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 408-417, April.
- Fonseca, Tiago & de Faria, Pedro & Lima, Francisco, 2019. "Human capital and innovation: the importance of the optimal organizational task structure," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 616-627.
- Johnson, Aaron J. & Johnson, Heather C. & Devadoss, Stephen & Foltz, John C., 2011. "Strategic Group Analysis of U.S. Food Businesses Using the Two-step Clustering Method," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 14(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Rupietta, Christian & Backes-Gellner, Uschi, 2019.
"Combining knowledge stock and knowledge flow to generate superior incremental innovation performance — Evidence from Swiss manufacturing,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 209-222.
- Christian Rupietta & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2013. "Combining knowledge stock and knowledge flow to generate superior incremental innovation performance - Evidence from Swiss manufacturing," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0089, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Apr 2017.
- Nikolić, Helena & Miloloža, Ivan, 2020. "Export Activity of Croatian Companies: Does Innovation Matters?," Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference (2020), Virtual Conference, in: Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference, Virtual Conference, 10-12 September 2020, pages 512-521, IRENET - Society for Advancing Innovation and Research in Economy, Zagreb.
- Hyejin Cho & Pyoungsoo Lee & Choong Ho Shin, 2019. "Becoming a Sustainable Organization: Focusing on Process, Administrative Innovation and Human Resource Practices," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(13), pages 1-17, June.
- Mohammad Iranmanesh & Kavigtha Mohan Kumar & Behzad Foroughi & Reza Kian Mavi & Ng Hui Min, 2021. "The impacts of organizational structure on operational performance through innovation capability: innovative culture as moderator," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 15(7), pages 1885-1911, October.
- Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Bausch, Andreas, 2011. "Is innovation always beneficial? A meta-analysis of the relationship between innovation and performance in SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 441-457, July.
- Panagiotis Tsolakidis & Naoum Mylonas & Eugenia Petridou, 2020. "The Impact of Imitation Strategies, Managerial and Entrepreneurial Skills on Startups’ Entrepreneurial Innovation," Economies, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-17, October.
- Muhammed Gul, 2020. "Digital business strategies and competitive superiority," International Journal of Business Ecosystem & Strategy (2687-2293), Bussecon International Academy, vol. 2(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Yamin, Mo. & Otto, Juliet, 2004. "Patterns of knowledge flows and MNE innovative performance," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 239-258.
- Farhad Uddin Ahmed & Louis Brennan, 2019. "Performance determinants of early internationalizing firms: The role of international entrepreneurial orientation," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 389-424, September.
- Matsuo, Makoto, 2006. "Customer orientation, conflict, and innovativeness in Japanese sales departments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 242-250, February.
- Stathakopoulos, Vlasis & Kottikas, Konstantinos G. & Theodorakis, Ioannis G. & Kottika, Efthymia, 2019. "Market-driving strategy and personnel attributes: Top management versus middle management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 529-540.
- Mary Beth Rousseau & Blake D. Mathias & Laura T. Madden & T. Russell Crook, 2016. "Innovation, Firm Performance, And Appropriation: A Meta-Analysis," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(03), pages 1-29, April.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge strategy; structuration; depth; breadth; alliance; biotechnology;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2017-02-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EUR-2017-02-19 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2017-02-19 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2017-02-19 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2017-02-19 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpboam:17.01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/doupoes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Publicación Digital - UPO (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/doupoes.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.