Optimization in non-standard problems. An application to the provision of public inputs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- A. Sanchez & Diego Martinez, 2011. "Optimization in Non-Standard Problems. An Application to the Provision of Public Inputs," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 13-38, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- James P. Feehan & Mutsumi Matsumoto, 2000. "Productivity-enhancing public investment and benefit taxation: the case of factor-augmenting public inputs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 114-121, February.
- Ming Chang, 2000. "Rules and Levels in the Provision of Public Goods: The Role of Complementarities between the public Good and Taxed Commodities," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(1), pages 83-91, February.
- James P. Feehan, 2002. "Distortionary Taxation and Optimal Public Spending on Productive Activities," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(1), pages 60-68, January.
- Donghoon Lee & Matthew Wiswall, 2007. "A Parallel Implementation of the Simplex Function Minimization Routine," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 171-187, September.
- Simon Benninga, 1989. "Numerical Techniques in Finance," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262521415, September.
- Matsumoto, Mutsumi, 1998. "A note on tax competition and public input provision," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 465-473, July.
- Feehan, James P, 1989. "Pareto-Efficiency with Three Varieties of Public Input," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 44(2), pages 237-248.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2007:i:9:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1991. "Optimal Public Good Provision with Limited Lump-Sum Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 153-166, March.
- A. B. Atkinson & N. H. Stern, 1974. "Pigou, Taxation and Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 119-128.
- Thomas Gaube, 2005. "Financing Public Goods with Income Taxation: Provision Rules vs. Provision Level," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(3), pages 319-334, May.
- Diego Martinez Lopez & A. Jesus Sanchez Fuentes, 2006. "On the optimal level of public inputs," Working Papers 06.34, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2008.
- Pestieau, Pierre, 1978. "Public intermediate goods and distortionary taxation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 351-357, May.
- I. D. Coope & C. J. Price, 2000. "Frame Based Methods for Unconstrained Optimization," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 107(2), pages 261-274, November.
- Gaube, Thomas, 2000. "When do distortionary taxes reduce the optimal supply of public goods?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 151-180, May.
More about this item
Keywordsdirect search; constrained optimization; multisection; optimal taxation; public input.;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2008-04-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2008-04-15 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2008-04-15 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpaper:08.07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupoes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.