Is the public sector too large in an economy with club goods? A case when consumers differ in both tastes and incomes
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- Clive Fraser & Ali al-Nowaihi, 2006.
"Comparing the first-best and second-best provision of a club good: an example,"
AccessEcon, vol. 8(4), pages 1-6.
- Ali al-Nowaihi & Clive Fraser, . "Comparing the First-Best and Second-Best Provision of a Club Good: An Example," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Daron Acemoglu & James Robinson, 1999.
"A Theory of Political Transitions,"
99-26, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Fraser, Clive D., 2005. "Corrigendum to "When is efficiency separable from distribution in the provision of club goods?" [Journal of Economic Theory 90 (2000) 204-221]," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 194-197, December.
- Denzau, Arthur T & Mackay, Robert J, 1976. "Benefit Shares and Majority Voting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 69-76, March.
- Wildasin, David E, 1984. "On Public Good Provision with Distortionary Taxation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 227-43, April.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1997.
"Investment in local public services: Nash equilibrium and social optimum,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 23-35, July.
- Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P., 1991. "Investment in local public services : Nash equilibrium and social optimum," CORE Discussion Papers 1991038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Clive D. Fraser & Abraham Hollander, .
"Revisiting The Club: Second-best Provision of Congestible and Excludable Goods,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
97/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Clive D. Fraser & Abraham Hollander, . "Revisiting The Club: Second-best Provision of Congestible and Excludable Goods," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 97/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Berglas, Eitan & Pines, David, 1981. "Clubs, local public goods and transportation models : A synthesis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 141-162, April.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521894753 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, Clive D., 1996. "On the provision of excludable public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-130, April.
- Gaube, Thomas, 2000. "When do distortionary taxes reduce the optimal supply of public goods?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 151-180, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2006:i:4:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brito, Dagobert L & Oakland, William H, 1980. "On the Monopolistic Provision of Excludable Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 691-704, September.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1991. "Optimal Public Good Provision with Limited Lump-Sum Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 153-66, March.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Stern, N H, 1974. "Pigou, Taxation and Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 119-28, January.
- Sandler, Todd & Tschirhart, John T, 1980. "The Economic Theory of Clubs: An Evaluative Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 1481-1521, December.
- Clive Fraser, 2003. "Is the public sector too large in a democracy?," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/12, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:24:y:2007:i:6:p:1018-1031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.