The Determinants of Multinational Banking during the First Globalization, 1870–1914
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Battilossi, Stefano, 2006. "The determinants of multinational banking during the first globalisation 1880 1914," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 361-388, December.
- Battilossi, Stefano, 2005. "The determinants of multinational banking during the first globalization, 1870-1914," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wh056807, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
References listed on IDEAS
- Portes, Richard & Rey, Helene & Oh, Yonghyup, 2001. "Information and capital flows: The determinants of transactions in financial assets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 783-796, May.
- Joël Métais, 1979. "Le processus de multinationalisation des grandes banques commerciales," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 30(3), pages 487-517.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Martin Ivanov & Gergana Mihaylova, 2008. "The Evolution of Bulgarian Banks' Efficiency During the Twenties: A Dea Approach," Working Papers 82, Bank of Greece.
- Barry Eichengreen & Marc Flandreau, 2012.
"The Federal Reserve, the Bank of England, and the Rise of the Dollar as an International Currency, 1914–1939,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 57-87, February.
- Barry Eichengreen, Marc Flandreau, 2010. "The Federal Reserve, the Bank of England, and the Rise of the Dollar as an International Currency, 1914-1939," IHEID Working Papers 16-2010, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Barry Eichengreen & Marc Flandreau, 2010. "The Federal Reserve, the Bank of England and the rise of the dollar as an international currency, 1914-39," BIS Working Papers 328, Bank for International Settlements.
- David VanHoose, 2013. "A Model of International Trade in Banking Services," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 613-625, September.
- Rui P. Esteves, 2011.
"The Political Economy of Global Financial Liberalisation in Historical Perspective,"
Oxford University Economic and Social History Series
_089, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Rui Esteves, 2011. "The Political Economy of Global Financial Liberalisation in Historical Perspective," Economics Series Working Papers Number 89, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsaugmented gravity models; multinational banking; pre-1914 globalization;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-03-11 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2006-03-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2006-03-11 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbwp:114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Knell and Helmut Stix). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/oenbbat.html .