Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sean M. Dougherty, 2009. "Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 1(3), pages 295-337, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2014. "Does local financial development matter for firm lifecycle in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7008, The World Bank.
- Aga,Gemechu A. & Francis,David C. & Rodriguez Meza,Jorge Luis, 2015. "SMEs, age, and jobs : a review of the literature, metrics, and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7493, The World Bank.
- Rahul Suresh Sapkal, 2016. "Labour law, enforcement and the rise of temporary contract workers: empirical evidence from India’s organised manufacturing sector," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 157-182, August.
- Paul Conway & Sean Dougherty & Artur Radziwill, 2010. "Long-term growth and policy challenges in the large emerging economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 755, OECD Publishing.
- Saha, Bibhas & Sen, Kunal & Maiti, Dibyendu, 2013.
"Trade openness, labour institutions and flexibilisation: Theory and evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 180-195.
- Kunal Sen & Bibhas Saha & Dibyendu Maiti, 2010. "Trade openness, labour institutions and flexibilisation: theory and evidence from India," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12310, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Nihar Shembavnekar, 2015. "Tariff Liberalisation, Labour Market Flexibility and Employment: Evidence from India," Working Paper Series 8115, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2013.
"Size-Dependent Labour Regulations and Threshold Effects: The Case of Contract-worker Intensity in Indian Manufacturing,"
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2013. "Size-dependent labour regulations and threshold effects: The Case of contract-worker intensity in Indian manufacturing," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2013-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sonali Das & Sonali Jain-Chandra & Kalpana Kochhar & Naresh Kumar, 2015. "Women Workers in India; Why So Few Among So Many?," IMF Working Papers 15/55, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:185-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica C. Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011.
"Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India,"
NBER Working Papers
17693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011. "Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 917, OECD Publishing.
- Guerriero, Marta & Sen, Kunal, 2012. "What Determines the Share of Labour in National Income? A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6643, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ashok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011.
"Economic Liberalization and Indian Economic Growth: What's the Evidence?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1152-1199, December.
- Ashkok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011. "Economic liberalization and Indian economic growth: What's the evidence?," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Arup Mitra, 2009. "Impact Of Trade On Service Sector Employment In India," Trade Working Papers 22929, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- de Vries, Gaaitzen J. & Erumban, Abdul A. & Timmer, Marcel P. & Voskoboynikov, Ilya & Wu, Harry X., 2012.
"Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural transformation and aggregate productivity growth,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 211-227.
- Gaaitzen J. de Vries & Abdul A. Erumban & Marcel P. Timmer & Ilya B. Voskoboynikov & Harry X. Wu, 2011. "Deconstructing The BRICs: Structural Transformation And Aggregate Productivity Growth," HSE Working papers WP BRP 04/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Voskoboynikov, I. & Timmer, M.P. & Vries, G.J. de & Erumban, A. A. & Wu H.X., 2011. "Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural Transformation and Aggregate Productivity Growth," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-121, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Kathuria, Vinish & Rajesh Raj, S.N. & Sen, Kunal, 2013. "The effects of economic reforms on manufacturing dualism: Evidence from India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1240-1262.
- Matthew Embrey & Guillaume R. Frechette & Sevgi Yuksel, 2016. "Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoner's Dilemma," Working Paper Series 8616, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Pieters, Janneke, 2010. "Growth and Inequality in India: Analysis of an Extended Social Accounting Matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 270-281, March.
- Betcherman, Gordon, 2014. "Labor market regulations : what do we know about their impacts in developing countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6819, The World Bank.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "India; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2017.
"What Determines Entrepreneurial Outcomes in Emerging Markets? The Role of Initial Conditions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(7), pages 2478-2522.
- Ayyagari,Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt,Asli & Maksimovic,Vojislav, 2015. "What determines entrepreneurial outcomes in emerging markets ? the role of initial conditions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7207, The World Bank.
- Landau, Ingrid. & Mahy, Petra. & Mitchell, Richard., 2015. "The regulation of non-standard forms of employment in India, Indonesia and Viet Nam," ILO Working Papers 994888153402676, International Labour Organization.
- Danielle Venn, 2009. "Legislation, Collective Bargaining and Enforcement: Updating the OECD Employment Protection Indicators," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 89, OECD Publishing.
- Bishwanath Goldar, 2010. "Informalization of Industrial Labour in India: Are labour market rigidities and growing import competition to blame?," Working Papers id:3125, eSocialSciences.
- Ravi S. Srivastava, 2016. "Myth and reality of labour flexibility in India," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Bishwanath Goldar, 2009. "Impact of Trade on Employment Generation in Manufacturing in India," Trade Working Papers 22921, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsdistorsion du marché du travail; employment protection indicators; indicateurs de protection de l’emploi; job turnover; labour laws; labour market distortions; législation du travail; rotation du travail;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-14 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2008-08-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2008-08-14 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-08-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:624-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.