Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sean M. Dougherty, 2009. "Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 1(3), pages 295-337, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "India; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/62, International Monetary Fund.
- de Vries, Gaaitzen J. & Erumban, Abdul A. & Timmer, Marcel P. & Voskoboynikov, Ilya & Wu, Harry X., 2012.
"Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural transformation and aggregate productivity growth,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 211-227.
- Gaaitzen J. de Vries & Abdul A. Erumban & Marcel P. Timmer & Ilya B. Voskoboynikov & Harry X. Wu, 2011. "Deconstructing The BRICs: Structural Transformation And Aggregate Productivity Growth," HSE Working papers WP BRP 04/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Voskoboynikov, I. & Timmer, M.P. & Vries, G.J. de & Erumban, A. A. & Wu H.X., 2011. "Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural Transformation and Aggregate Productivity Growth," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-121, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2017.
"What Determines Entrepreneurial Outcomes in Emerging Markets? The Role of Initial Conditions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(7), pages 2478-2522.
- Ayyagari,Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt,Asli & Maksimovic,Vojislav, 2015. "What determines entrepreneurial outcomes in emerging markets ? the role of initial conditions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7207, The World Bank.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2014. "Does local financial development matter for firm lifecycle in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7008, The World Bank.
- Aga,Gemechu A. & Francis,David C. & Rodriguez Meza,Jorge Luis, 2015. "SMEs, age, and jobs : a review of the literature, metrics, and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7493, The World Bank.
- Rahul Suresh Sapkal, 2016. "Labour law, enforcement and the rise of temporary contract workers: empirical evidence from India’s organised manufacturing sector," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 157-182, August.
- Paul Conway & Sean Dougherty & Artur Radziwill, 2010. "Long-term growth and policy challenges in the large emerging economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 755, OECD Publishing.
- Ashok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011.
"Economic Liberalization and Indian Economic Growth: What's the Evidence?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1152-1199, December.
- Ashkok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011. "Economic liberalization and Indian economic growth: What's the evidence?," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Landau, Ingrid. & Mahy, Petra. & Mitchell, Richard., 2015. "The regulation of non-standard forms of employment in India, Indonesia and Viet Nam," ILO Working Papers 994888153402676, International Labour Organization.
- Saha, Bibhas & Sen, Kunal & Maiti, Dibyendu, 2013.
"Trade openness, labour institutions and flexibilisation: Theory and evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 180-195.
- Kunal Sen & Bibhas Saha & Dibyendu Maiti, 2010. "Trade openness, labour institutions and flexibilisation: theory and evidence from India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 12310, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Danielle Venn, 2009. "Legislation, Collective Bargaining and Enforcement: Updating the OECD Employment Protection Indicators," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 89, OECD Publishing.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:185-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathuria, Vinish & Rajesh Raj, S.N. & Sen, Kunal, 2013. "The effects of economic reforms on manufacturing dualism: Evidence from India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1240-1262.
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2013.
"Size-dependent labour regulations and threshold effects: The Case of contract-worker intensity in Indian manufacturing,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2013-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2013. "Size-Dependent Labour Regulations and Threshold Effects: The Case of Contract-worker Intensity in Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:5388, eSocialSciences.
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica C. Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011.
"Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India,"
NBER Working Papers
17693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sean Dougherty & Verónica Frisancho Robles & Kala Krishna, 2011. "Employment Protection Legislation and Plant-Level Productivity in India," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 917, OECD Publishing.
- Nihar Shembavnekar, 2015. "Tariff Liberalisation, Labour Market Flexibility and Employment: Evidence from India," Working Paper Series 8115, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Bishwanath Goldar, 2010. "Informalization of Industrial Labour in India: Are labour market rigidities and growing import competition to blame?," Working Papers id:3125, eSocialSciences.
- Ravi S. Srivastava, 2016. "Myth and reality of labour flexibility in India," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Matthew Embrey & Guillaume R. Frechette & Sevgi Yuksel, 2016. "Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoner's Dilemma," Working Paper Series 8616, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Bishwanath Goldar, 2009. "Impact of Trade on Employment Generation in Manufacturing in India," Trade Working Papers 22921, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Guerriero, Marta & Sen, Kunal, 2012. "What Determines the Share of Labour in National Income? A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6643, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pieters, Janneke, 2010. "Growth and Inequality in India: Analysis of an Extended Social Accounting Matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 270-281, March.
- Betcherman, Gordon, 2014. "Labor market regulations : what do we know about their impacts in developing countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6819, The World Bank.
- Arup Mitra, 2009. "Impact Of Trade On Service Sector Employment In India," Trade Working Papers 22929, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sonali Das & Sonali Jain-Chandra & Kalpana Kochhar & Naresh Kumar, 2015. "Women Workers in India; Why So Few Among So Many?," IMF Working Papers 15/55, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsdistorsion du marché du travail; employment protection indicators; indicateurs de protection de l’emploi; job turnover; labour laws; labour market distortions; législation du travail; rotation du travail;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-14 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2008-08-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2008-08-14 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-08-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:624-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .