One pillar crumbling, the others too short: Old-age provision in Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Werding, 2016. "One Pillar Crumbling, the Others Too Short: Old-Age Provision in Germany," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 237(1), pages 13-21, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tabea Bucher-Koenen & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2014. "Once Burned, Twice Shy? Financial Literacy and Wealth Losses during the Financial Crisis," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 18(6), pages 2215-2246.
- Nicholas Barr & Peter Diamond, 2006. "The Economics of Pensions," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 15-39, Spring.
- Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2010.
"Ageing and the welfare state: securing sustainability,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 655-673, Winter.
- Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2010. "Ageing and the Welfare State: Securing Sustainability," CESifo Working Paper Series 2916, CESifo Group Munich.
- Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin, 2010. "Ageing and the welfare state: Securing sustainability," Munich Reprints in Economics 19194, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Axel Börsch‐Supan & Martin Gasche & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2010.
"Auswirkungen der Finanzkrise auf die private Altersvorsorge,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(4), pages 383-406, November.
- BÃ¶rsch-Supan, Axel & Gasche, Martin & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2009. "Auswirkungen der Finanzkrise auf die private Altersvorsorge," MEA discussion paper series 09193, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Barr, Nicholas, 2002. "Reforming pensions : myths, truths, and policy choices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 286, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pfarr, Christian & Schneider, Udo, 2013. "Choosing between subsidized or unsubsidized private pension schemes: evidence from German panel data," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 62-91, January.
- Diamond, Peter A., 2002. "Social Security Reform," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247899.
- Richard Disney, 2003. "Public Pension Reform in Europe: Policies, Prospects and Evaluation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(10), pages 1425-1445, November.
- Gasche, Martin & Kluth, Sebastian, 2011. "Auf der Suche nach der besten Rentenanpassungsformel," MEA discussion paper series 11241, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Peter Diamond & Nicholas Barr, 2006. "(UBS Pensions Series 041) The Economics of Pensions," FMG Discussion Papers dp563, Financial Markets Group.
- Börsch-Supan Axel & Coppola Michela & Rausch Johannes, 2015. "Die „Rente mit 63“: Wer sind die Begünstigten?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 264-288, October.
- BÃ¶rsch-Supan, Axel & Coppola, Michela & Reil-Held, Anette, 1970.
"Riester Pensions in Germany: Design, Dynamics, Targetting Success and Crowding-In,"
MEA discussion paper series
201220, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Axel H. Börsch-Supan & Michela Coppola & Anette Reil-Held, 2012. "Riester Pensions in Germany: Design, Dynamics, Targetting Success and Crowding-In," NBER Working Papers 18014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Barr, 2002. "Reforming pensions: Myths, truths, and policy choices," International Social Security Review, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 55(2), pages 3-36.
- Alessandro Cigno & Martin Werding, 2007. "Children and Pensions," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262033690.
- Börsch-Supan Axel & Gasche Martin & Wilke Christina Benita, 2010. "Konjunkturabhängigkeit der Gesetzlichen Rentenversicherung am Beispiel der aktuellen Finanz- und Wirtschaftskrise," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 59(3), pages 298-328, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erik Granseth & Wolfgang Keck & Wolfgang Nagl & Melinda Tir & Andras Simonovits, 2016. "Negative correlation between retirement age and contribution length?," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1633, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Werding, Martin, 2016. "Rentenfinanzierung im demographischen Wandel: Tragfähigkeitsprobleme und Handlungsoptionen," Working Papers 05/2016, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
More about this item
Keywordsold-age provision; public pensions; occupational pensions; precautionary saving; demographic ageing; pension reform; simulations;
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nsr:niesrd:463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library & Information Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/niesruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.