Reforming pensions : myths, truths, and policy choices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin, 1996.
"The Missing Piece in Policy Analysis: Social Security Reform,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Martin Feldstein, 1996. "The Missing Piece in Policy Analysis: Social Security Reform," NBER Working Papers 5413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascal Belan & Pierre Pestieau, 1999.
"Privatizing Social Security: A Critical Assessment,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 24(1), pages 114-130, January.
- BELAN, Pascal & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1997. "Privatizing social security: a critical assessment," CORE Discussion Papers 1997084, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BELAN, Pascal & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1999. "Privatizing social security: A critical assessment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1407, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barr, Nicholas, 2001. "The Welfare State as Piggy Bank: Information, Risk, Uncertainty, and the Role of the State," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199246595.
- Zvi Bodie & John B. Shoven & David A. Wise, 1987. "Issues in Pension Economics," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bodi87-1, September.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Jorge Soares, 1999. "A Positive Theory of Social Security Based on Reputation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(1), pages 135-160, February.
- Agulnik, Phil, 2000. "Maintaining Incomes after Work: Do Compulsory Earnings-Related Pensions Make Sense?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 45-56, Spring.
- Zvi Bodie & John B. Shoven & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions in the U.S. Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bodi88-1, September.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Social Security and Retirement around the World," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub99-1, September.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Introduction to "Social Security and Retirement around the World"," NBER Chapters,in: Social Security and Retirement around the World, pages 1-35 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Bodie & John B. Shoven & David A. Wise, 1987. "Introduction to "Issues in Pension Economics"," NBER Chapters,in: Issues in Pension Economics, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cup:jpenef:v:17:y:2018:i:04:p:576-593_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arza, Camila, 2008. "The Limits of Pension Privatization: Lessons from Argentine Experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2696-2712, December.
- Andrew Coleman, 2016. "Pension payments and receipts by New Zealand birth cohorts, 1916--1986," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 51-70, April.
- S³awomir Czech, 2016. "Choice Overload Paradox And Public Policy Design. The Case Of Swedish Pension System," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 11(3), pages 559-584, September.
- van Dalen, Harry & Henkens, Kene, 2018. "Do people really want freedom of choice? : Assessing preferences of pension holders," Other publications TiSEM 448e8a93-9ded-401f-9da0-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Martin Stepanek, 2017. "Pension Reforms and Adverse Demographics: The Case of the Czech Republic," Working Papers IES 2017/15, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Aug 2017.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2004. "An appraisal of a quarter-century of structural pension reforms in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Takayama, Noriyuki, 2005. "Pension Reform of PRC : ―Incentives, Governance and Policy Options―," Economic Review, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 56(4), pages 289-303, January.
- Martin Werding, 2016.
"One Pillar Crumbling, the Others Too Short: Old-Age Provision in Germany,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 237(1), pages 13-21, August.
- Martin Werding, 2016. "One pillar crumbling, the others too short: Old-age provision in Germany," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 463, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Martin Werding, 2016. "One Pillar Crumbling, the Others too Short: Old-Age Provision in Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 5760, CESifo Group Munich.
- van Dalen, Harry & Henkens, Kene, 2018. "Do pension participants want the freedom to choose or the freedom to snooze?," Other publications TiSEM 4fb45634-c9b3-469a-9f73-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rene Weber & David S. Gerber, 2007. "Aging, Asset Allocation, and Costs; Evidence for the Pension Fund Industry in Switzerland," IMF Working Papers 07/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Riccardo Magnani, 2018. "What's gone wrong in the design of PAYG systems?," CEPN Working Papers 2018-13, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- repec:kap:ejlwec:v:47:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10657-018-9606-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i:1:p:70-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lichtblau, Karl & Bähr, Cornelius & Millack, Agnes & van Baal, Sebastian & aus dem Moore, Nils & Korfhage, Thorben, 2015. "Zukunft von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft unter Minimalwachstumsbedingungen: Begründungsmuster, Folgen, Handlungsoptionen," RWI Projektberichte, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, number 123324.
- Garon, Jean-Denis, 2016. "The commitment value of funding pensions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 11-14.
- Werding, Martin & Primorac, Marko, 2018.
"Old-age provision in transition: the case of Croatia,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 576-593, October.
- Martin Werding & Marko Primorac, 2016. "Old-Age Provision in Transition: The Case of Croatia," CESifo Working Paper Series 5761, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.