Using Wavelets to decompose time-frequency economic relations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramsey James B. & Lampart Camille, 1998. "The Decomposition of Economic Relationships by Time Scale Using Wavelets: Expenditure and Income," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Leduc, Sylvain & Sill, Keith, 2004.
"A quantitative analysis of oil-price shocks, systematic monetary policy, and economic downturns,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 781-808, May.
- Sylvain Leduc & Keith Sill, 2001. "A quantitative analysis of oil-price shocks, systematic monetary policy, and economic downturns," Working Papers 01-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Robert B. Barsky & Lutz Kilian, 2002.
"Do We Really Know that Oil Caused the Great Stagflation? A Monetary Alternative,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2001, Volume 16, pages 137-198
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert B. Barsky & Lutz Kilian, 2001. "Do We Really Know that Oil Caused the Great Stagflation? A Monetary Alternative," NBER Working Papers 8389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & John Simon, 2001. "The Long and Large Decline in U.S. Output Volatility," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(1), pages 135-174.
- Rasche, Robert H., 1987. "M1 -- Velocity and money-demand functions: Do stable relationships exist?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 9-88, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsangyao Chang & Xiao-lin Li & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2013.
"The Co-Movement and Causality between the U.S. Real Estate and Stock Markets in the Time and Frequency Domains,"
2013-34, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Tsangyao Chang & Xiao-lin Li & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "The Co-Movement and Causality between the U.S. Real Estate and Stock Markets in the Time and Frequency Domains," Working Papers 201365, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Tsangyao Chang & Xiao-lin Li & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "The Co-Movement and Causality between the U.S. Real Estate and Stock Markets in the Time and Frequency Domains," Working Papers 1402, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Mohammad Iqbal Tahir, 2015.
"Analyzing time-frequency relationship between oil price and exchange rate in Pakistan through wavelets,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 690-704, April.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Tahir, Mohammad Iqbal, 2013. "Analyzing Time-Frequency Relationship between Oil Price and Exchange Rate in Pakistan through Wavelets," MPRA Paper 48086, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Jul 2013.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2013. "Fractal Markets Hypothesis and the Global Financial Crisis: Wavelet Power Evidence," Papers 1310.1446, arXiv.org.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Arif Billah Dar & Niyati Bhanja, 2014. "Inflation-Industrial Growth Nexus in India â€“ A Revisit Through Continuous Wavelet Transform," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 14(2), pages 1-11.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Martins, Manuel M.F. & Soares, Maria Joana, 2012.
"The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1950-1970.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies," CEF.UP Working Papers 1004, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies," NIPE Working Papers 21/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Yung-hsiang Ying & Koyin Chang & Ginny ju-ann Yang & Chen-hsun Lee, 2014. "Measuring co-movement of globalization and democratization in the time–frequency space," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 206-219.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Pedro C. Magalhães & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "On Waves in War and Elections Wavelet Analysis of Political Time-Series," NIPE Working Papers 1/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Niyati Bhanja & Arif Billah Dar & Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Olaolu Richard Olayeni, 2012. "Are Stock Prices Hedge Against Inflation? A Revisit over Time and Frequencies in India," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 4(3), pages 199-213, September.
- Gazi Salah Uddin & Mohamed Arouri & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2014. "Co-movements between Germany and International Stock Markets: Some New Evidence from DCC-GARCH and Wavelet Approaches," Working Papers 2014-143, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-062 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buerhan Saiti & Azlan Ali & Naziruddin Abdullah & Sulaiman Sajilan, 2014. "Palm Oil Price, Exchange Rate, and Stock Market: A Wavelet Analysis on the Malaysian Market," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(1), pages 13-27.
- Aloui, Chaker & Hkiri, Besma, 2014. "Co-movements of GCC emerging stock markets: New evidence from wavelet coherence analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 421-431.
- Antonis Michis, 2011. "Multiscale Analysis of the Liquidity Effect," Working Papers 2011-5, Central Bank of Cyprus.
- Jozef BARUNÍK & Lukáš VÁCHA, 2013.
"Contagion among Central and Eastern European Stock Markets during the Financial Crisis,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(5), pages 443-453, November.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha, 2013. "Contagion among Central and Eastern European stock markets during the financial crisis," Papers 1309.0491, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2013.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Maria Soares, 2011. "Oil and the macroeconomy: using wavelets to analyze old issues," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 645-655, May.
- Rita Sousa & Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Maria Joana Soares, 2014. "Carbon Financial Markets: a time-frequency analysis of CO2 price drivers," NIPE Working Papers 03/2014, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Gazi Salah Uddin & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2013. "Measuring co-movement of oil price and exchange rate differential in Bangladesh," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 1922-1930.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2012. "Decomposing Time-Frequency Relationship between Interest Rates and Share Prices in India through Wavelets," MPRA Paper 39693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; time-frequency analysis; non-stationary time series; wavelets; cross wavelets; wavelet coherency.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-10-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ETS-2007-10-06 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MAC-2007-10-06 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nip:nipewp:17/2007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nipampt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.