Excess Bank Reserves and Monetary Policy with a Lower-Bound Lending Rate September 2011
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Todd Keister & James J. McAndrews, 2009. "Why are banks holding so many excess reserves?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 15(Dec).
- Heider, F. & Hoerova, M. & Holthausen, C., 2009.
"Liquidity Hoarding and Interbank Market Spreads : The Role of Counterparty Risk,"
2009-40 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Holthausen, Cornelia, 2010. "Liquidity Hoarding and Interbank Market Spreads: The Role of Counterparty Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 7762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Holthausen, Cornelia, 2009. "Liquidity hoarding and interbank market spreads: the role of counterparty risk," Working Paper Series 1126, European Central Bank.
- Heider, F. & Hoerova, M. & Holthausen, C., 2009. "Liquidity Hoarding and Interbank Market Spreads : The Role of Counterparty Risk," Other publications TiSEM e03a6a65-2fc7-4b2e-9e94-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Marie Hoerova & Cornelia Holthausen & Florian Heider, 2009. "Liquidity hoarding and interbank market spreads: the role of counterparty risk," 2009 Meeting Papers 929, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Seth Carpenter & Selva Demiralp, 2008. "The Liquidity Effect in the Federal Funds Market: Evidence at the Monthly Frequency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Frost, Peter A, 1971. "Banks' Demand for Excess Reserves," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 805-825, July-Aug..
- Adam Ashcraft & James Mcandrews & David Skeie, 2011.
"Precautionary Reserves and the Interbank Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(s2), pages 311-348, October.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1992.
"Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-680.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1989.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Money, Liquidity, and Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 600-605, May.
- Xavier Freixas & Jos… Jorge, 2008.
"The Role of Interbank Markets in Monetary Policy: A Model with Rationing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(6), pages 1151-1176, September.
- Xavier Freixas & José Jorge, 2007. "The role of interbank markets in monetary policy: A model with rationing," Economics Working Papers 1027, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2008.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-945, September.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, December.
- Ferguson, J David & Hart, William R, 1980. "Liquidity Preference or Loanable Funds: Interest Rate Determination in Market Disequilibrium," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 57-70, March.
- James P. Dow Jr., 2001. "The Demand for Excess Reserves," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 685-700, January.
- Ann-Marie Meulendyke, 1998. "U.S. monetary policy and financial markets," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, number 1998mpaf.
- Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews & David R. Skeie, 2011. "A note on bank lending in times of large bank reserves," Staff Reports 497, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khemraj, Tarron, 2011. "The Non-Zero Lower Bound Lending Rate and the Liquidity Trap," MPRA Paper 42030, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsExcess reserves; quantitative easing; liquidity preference; deflation;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:new:wpaper:1104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Setterfield). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .