A note on bank lending in times of large bank reserves
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Todd Keister & James J. McAndrews, 2009. "Why are banks holding so many excess reserves?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 15(Dec).
- Xavier Freixas & Antoine Martin & David Skeie, 2011.
"Bank Liquidity, Interbank Markets, and Monetary Policy,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(8), pages 2656-2692.
- Xavier Freixas & Antoine Martin & David R. Skeie, 2009. "Bank liquidity, interbank markets, and monetary policy," Staff Reports 371, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Freixas, X. & Martin, A. & Skeie, D., 2010. "Bank Liquidity, Interbank Markets, and Monetary Policy," Discussion Paper 2010-35S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Xavier Freixas & Antoine Martin & David Skeie, 2010. "Bank Liquidity, Interbank Markets and Monetary Policy," Working Papers 429, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Xavier Freixas & Antoine Martin & David Skeie, 2010. "Bank liquidity, interbank markets and monetary policy," Economics Working Papers 1202, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paul Bennett & Stavros Peristiani, 2002. "Are U.S. reserve requirements still binding?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 53-68.
- Adam Ashcraft & James Mcandrews & David Skeie, 2011. "Precautionary Reserves and the Interbank Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 311-348, October.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2008. "Understanding monetary policy implementation," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 235-263.
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Il mito del “finanziamento monetario” della spesa pubblica
by keynesblog in Keynes Blog on 2012-12-13 20:30:07
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diana Hancock & Wayne Passmore, 2012. "The Federal Reserve's portfolio and its effects on mortgage markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lawrence L Kreicher & Robert N McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2013. "The 2011 FDIC assessment on banks managed liabilities: interest rate and balance-sheet responses," BIS Working Papers 413, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jose M. Berrospide, 2013. "Bank liquidity hoarding and the financial crisis: an empirical evaluation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-03, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Marlene Amstad & Antoine Martin, 2011. "Monetary policy implementation: common goals but different practices," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 17(Nov).
- Tarron Khemraj & Christian R. Proaño, 2011. "Excess Bank Reserves and Monetary Policy with a Lower-Bound Lending Rate September 2011," Working Papers 1104, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- John C. Williams, 2011.
"Economics instruction and the brave new world of monetary policy,"
FRBSF Economic Letter,
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue june6.
- John C. Williams, 2011. "Economics instruction and the brave new world of monetary policy," Speech 88, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
More about this item
KeywordsBank reserves ; Bank loans ; Interest;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-06-18 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-06-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2011-06-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .