The Mysterious Growing Value of S&P 500 Membership
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William N. Goetzmann & Massimo Massa, 2003.
"Index Funds and Stock Market Growth,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Massimo Massa & William N. Goetzmann, 1998. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm99, Yale School of Management.
- William N. Goetzmann & Massimo Massa, 1999. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," NBER Working Papers 7033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Massimo Massa & William N. Goetzmann, 1999. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm23, Yale School of Management.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002. "Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272.
- Aditya Kaul & Vikas Mehrotra & Randall Morck, 2000.
"Demand Curves for Stocks "Do "Slope Down: New Evidence from an Index Weights Adjustment,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 893-912, April.
- Aditya Kaul & Vikas Mehrotra & Randall Morck, 1999. "Demand Curves for Stocks Do Slope Down: New Evidence From An Index Weights Adjustment," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1884, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, July.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2004. "Incentives vs. Control: An Analysis of U.S. Dual-Class Companies," NBER Working Papers 10240, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir A Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2009. "Corporate Tax Avoidance and Firm Value," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 537-546, August.
- Cécile Carpentier & Douglas Cumming & Jean-Marc Suret, 2010. "The Valuation Effect of Listing Requirements: An Analysis of Venture Capital-Backed IPOs," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-01, CIRANO.
- Schoenfeld, Jordan, 2017. "The effect of voluntary disclosure on stock liquidity: New evidence from index funds," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 51-74.
- Jeffrey Wurgler, 2010. "On the Economic Consequences of Index-Linked Investing," NBER Working Papers 16376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joakim Kvamvold & Snorre Lindset, 2017. "Index trading and portfolio risk," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 78-99, January.
- Ginsberg Ari & Hasan Iftekhar & Tucci Christopher L, 2011. "Unpacking the Effects of Corporate Venture Capital Investor Ties on the Reduction of Price Discounting among IPO Firms," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-29, March.
- Chakrabarti, Rajesh & Huang, Wei & Jayaraman, Narayanan & Lee, Jinsoo, 2005. "Price and volume effects of changes in MSCI indices - nature and causes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1237-1264, May.
More about this item
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2001-12-19 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.