The Mysterious Growing Value of S&P 500 Membership
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William N. Goetzmann & Massimo Massa, 2003.
"Index Funds and Stock Market Growth,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Massimo Massa & William N. Goetzmann, 1998. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm99, Yale School of Management.
- Massimo Massa & William N. Goetzmann, 1999. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm23, Yale School of Management.
- William N. Goetzmann & Massimo Massa, 1999. "Index Funds and Stock Market Growth," NBER Working Papers 7033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002. "Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272.
- Aditya Kaul & Vikas Mehrotra & Randall Morck, 2000.
"Demand Curves for Stocks "Do "Slope Down: New Evidence from an Index Weights Adjustment,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 893-912, April.
- Aditya Kaul & Vikas Mehrotra & Randall Morck, 1999. "Demand Curves for Stocks Do Slope Down: New Evidence From An Index Weights Adjustment," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1884, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, July.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2004. "Incentives vs. Control: An Analysis of U.S. Dual-Class Companies," NBER Working Papers 10240, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir A Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2009. "Corporate Tax Avoidance and Firm Value," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 537-546, August.
- Cécile Carpentier & Douglas Cumming & Jean-Marc Suret, 2010. "The Valuation Effect of Listing Requirements: An Analysis of Venture Capital-Backed IPOs," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-01, CIRANO.
- Schoenfeld, Jordan, 2017. "The effect of voluntary disclosure on stock liquidity: New evidence from index funds," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 51-74.
- Jeffrey Wurgler, 2010. "On the Economic Consequences of Index-Linked Investing," NBER Working Papers 16376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joakim Kvamvold & Snorre Lindset, 2017. "Index trading and portfolio risk," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 78-99, January.
- Ginsberg Ari & Hasan Iftekhar & Tucci Christopher L, 2011. "Unpacking the Effects of Corporate Venture Capital Investor Ties on the Reduction of Price Discounting among IPO Firms," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-29, March.
- Chakrabarti, Rajesh & Huang, Wei & Jayaraman, Narayanan & Lee, Jinsoo, 2005. "Price and volume effects of changes in MSCI indices - nature and causes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1237-1264, May.
More about this item
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2001-12-19 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .