The effects of changes in index composition on stock prices and volume: Evidence from the Istanbul stock exchange
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-90, July.
- Ernest N. Biktimirov & Arnold R. Cowan & Bradford D. Jordan, 2004. "Do Demand Curves for Small Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 161-178.
- Howard W.H. Chan & Peter F. Howard, 2002. "Additions to and Deletions from an Open-Ended Market Index: Evidence from the Australian All Ordinaries," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 27(1), pages 45-74, June.
- Jennifer L. Blouin & Jana Smith Raedy & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2000. "The Impact of Capital Gains Taxes on Stock Price Reactions to S&P 500 Inclusion," NBER Working Papers 8011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Collins, M Cary & Wansley, James W & Robinson, Breck, 1995. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with the Creation of Standard & Poor's MidCap Index," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(3), pages 329-50, Fall.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002.
"Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Kraus, Alan & Stoll, Hans R, 1972. "Price Impacts of Block Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 569-88, June.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-83, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:17:y:2008:i:1:p:178-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.