The effects of changes in index composition on stock prices and volume: Evidence from the Istanbul stock exchange
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Collins, M Cary & Wansley, James W & Robinson, Breck, 1995. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with the Creation of Standard & Poor's MidCap Index," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(3), pages 329-50, Fall.
- Kraus, Alan & Stoll, Hans R, 1972. "Price Impacts of Block Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 569-88, June.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-90, July.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987.
"A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information,"
1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987. " A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Jennifer L. Blouin & Jana Smith Raedy & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2000. "The Impact of Capital Gains Taxes on Stock Price Reactions to S&P 500 Inclusion," NBER Working Papers 8011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002.
"Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Howard W.H. Chan & Peter F. Howard, 2002. "Additions to and Deletions from an Open-Ended Market Index: Evidence from the Australian All Ordinaries," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 27(1), pages 45-74, June.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-83, July.
- Ernest N. Biktimirov & Arnold R. Cowan & Bradford D. Jordan, 2004. "Do Demand Curves for Small Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 161-178.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:17:y:2008:i:1:p:178-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.