The effects of changes in index composition on stock prices and volume: Evidence from the Istanbul stock exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002. "Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Ernest N. Biktimirov & Arnold R. Cowan & Bradford D. Jordan, 2004. "Do Demand Curves for Small Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 161-178.
- Howard W.H. Chan & Peter F. Howard, 2002. "Additions to and Deletions from an Open-Ended Market Index: Evidence from the Australian All Ordinaries," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 27(1), pages 45-74, June.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jennifer L. Blouin & Jana Smith Raedy & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2000. "The Impact of Capital Gains Taxes on Stock Price Reactions to S&P 500 Inclusion," NBER Working Papers 8011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kraus, Alan & Stoll, Hans R, 1972. "Price Impacts of Block Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 569-588, June.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, July.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Collins, M Cary & Wansley, James W & Robinson, Breck, 1995. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with the Creation of Standard & Poor's MidCap Index," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(3), pages 329-350, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chan, Kalok & Kot, Hung Wan & Tang, Gordon Y.N., 2013. "A comprehensive long-term analysis of S&P 500 index additions and deletions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4920-4930.
- Wang, Chuan & Murgulov, Zoltan & Haman, Janto, 2015. "Impact of changes in the CSI 300 Index constituents," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 13-33.
- Yun, Jooyoung & Kim, Tong S., 2010. "The effect of changes in index constitution: Evidence from the Korean stock market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 258-269, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:17:y:2008:i:1:p:178-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.