The effect of changes in index constitution: Evidence from the Korean stock market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002. "Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Bryan Mase, 2008. "Comovement in the FTSE 100 Index," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 9-12.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2005.
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 283-317, February.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "Comovement," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1953, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "Comovement," NBER Working Papers 8895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2005. "Comovement," Scholarly Articles 27867240, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ernest N. Biktimirov & Arnold R. Cowan & Bradford D. Jordan, 2004. "Do Demand Curves for Small Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 161-178.
- Shinhua Liu, 2000. "Changes in the Nikkei 500: New Evidence for Downward Sloping Demand Curves for Stocks," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 245-267.
- John R. Becker-Blease & Donna L. Paul, 2006. "Stock Liquidity and Investment Opportunities: Evidence from Index Additions," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 35-51, September.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Bildik, Recep & Gulay, Guzhan, 2008. "The effects of changes in index composition on stock prices and volume: Evidence from the Istanbul stock exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 178-197.
- John R. Becker-Blease & Donna L. Paul, 2006. "Stock Liquidity and Investment Opportunities: Evidence from Index Additions," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(3), Autumn.
- Mei Qiu, 2008. "Price and trading volume reactions to index constitution changes," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 53-69, February.
- Beneish, Messod D. & Gardner, John C., 1995. "Information Costs and Liquidity Effects from Changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average List," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 135-157, March.
- Isidore Masse & Robert Hanrahan & Joseph Kushner & Felice Martinello, 2000. "The effect of additions to or deletions from the TSE 300 Index on Canadian share prices," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 341-359, May.
- Hsiu-Lang Chen, 2006. "On Russell index reconstitution," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 409-430, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Azevedo, Alcino & Karim, Mohamad & Gregoriou, Andros & Rhodes, Mark, 2014. "Stock price and volume effects associated with changes in the composition of the FTSE Bursa Malaysian KLCI," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 20-35.
- Wang, Chuan & Murgulov, Zoltan & Haman, Janto, 2015. "Impact of changes in the CSI 300 Index constituents," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 13-33.
- Chen, Wei-Kuang & Lin, Ching-Ting, 2016. "Asymmetric responses to stock index reconstitutions: Evidence from the CSI 300 index additions and deletions," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 36-48.
More about this item
KeywordsIndex changes Additions Deletions KOSPI 200 Index inclusion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:19:y:2010:i:4:p:258-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.