What Makes an Entrepreneur? Evidence on Inheritance and Capital Constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1982. "Self-Employment and Labor Force Participation of Older Males," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(3), pages 339-357.
- Kanbur, S M Ravi, 1982. "Entrepreneurial Risk Taking, Inequality, and Public Policy: An Application of Inequality Decomposition Analysis to the General Equilibrium Effects of Progressive Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989. "Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Blau, David M, 1987. "A Time-Series Analysis of Self-employment in the United State," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 445-467, June.
- David Blanchflower & A Oswald, 1993. "Entrepreneurship," CEP Discussion Papers dp0134, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Micklewright, John, 1989. "Choice at Sixteen," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(221), pages 25-39, February.
- Connolly, Sara & Micklewright, John & Nickell, Stephen, 1992.
"The Occupational Success of Young Men Who Left School at Sixteen,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 460-479, July.
- S. Connolly & J. Micklewright & S. Nickell, 1989. "The Occupational Success of Young Men Who Left School at Sixteen," Working Papers 190, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 1999.
"Institutional Effects on the Evolution of the Size Distribution of Firms,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 11-23, February.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 1998. "Institutional Effects on the Evolution of the Size Distribution of Firms," Working Paper Series 497, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Mesnard, Alice & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Wealth Distribution and Self-Employment in a Developing Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alice Mesnard & Martin Ravallion, 2006. "The Wealth Effect on New Business Startups in a Developing Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(291), pages 367-392, August.
- Thomas Lindh & Henry Ohlsson, 1998. "Self‐Employment And Wealth Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(1), pages 25-41, March.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2008. "Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 303-350.
- Giuliano Guerra & Roberto Patuelli, 2014.
"The influence of role models on immigrant self-employment: a spatial analysis for Switzerland,"
International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(1/2), pages 187-215, May.
- Giuliano Guerra & Roberto Patuelli, 2010. "The Influence of Role Models on Immigrant Self-Employment: A Spatial Analysis for Switzerland," Working Paper series 29_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2012.
- G. Guerra & R. Patuelli, 2011. "The Influence of Role Models on Immigrant Self-Employment: A Spatial Analysis for Switzerland," Working Papers wp745, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giuliano Guerra & Roberto Patuelli, 2010. "The Influence of Role Models on Immigrant Self-Employment: A Spatial Analysis for Switzerland," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1010, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Burke, Andrew E & FitzRoy, Felix R & Nolan, Michael A, 2000. "When Less Is More: Distinguishing between Entrepreneurial Choice and Performance," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 62(5), pages 565-587, December.
- Lindh, Thomas & Ohlsson, Henry, 1996. "Self-Employment and Windfall Gains: Evidence from the Swedish Lottery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1515-1526, November.
- Pilar A. Jano, 2017. "Quality Choice and Market Access: Evidence from Chilean Wine Grape Production," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 324-338, June.
- Casey J. Frid & David M. Wyman & Bentley Coffey, 2016. "Effects of wealth inequality on entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 895-920, December.
- Mesnard, Alice & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Is inequality bad for business : a non-linear microeconomic model of wealth effects on self-employment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2527, The World Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:357068 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Armour, 2006. "Legal capital: an outdated concept," Working Papers wp320, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.