Why Have Negative Nominal Interest Rates Had Such a Small Effect on Bank Performance? Cross Country Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lopez, Jose A & Rose, Andrew K & Spiegel, Mark, 2018. "Why Have Negative Nominal Interest Rates Had Such a Small Effect on Bank Performance? Cross Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 13010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lopez, Jose A. & Rose, Andrew K. & Spiegel, Mark M., 2018. "Why Have Negative Nominal Interest Rates Had Such a Small Effect on Bank Performance? Cross Country Evidence," Working Paper Series 2018-7, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nucera, Federico & Lucas, André & Schaumburg, Julia & Schwaab, Bernd, 2017.
"Do negative interest rates make banks less safe?,"
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 112-115.
- Nucera, Federico & Lucas, André & Schaumburg, Julia & Schwaab, Bernd, 2017. "Do negative interest rates make banks less safe?," Working Paper Series 2098, European Central Bank.
- Federico Nucera & Andre Lucas & Julia Schaumburg & Bernd Schwaab, 2017. "Do Negative Interest Rates Make Banks Less Safe?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-041/IV, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- S. Demiralp & J. Eisenschmidt & T. Vlassopoulos, 2017. "Negative interest rates, excess liquidity and bank business models: Banks’ reaction to unconventional monetary policy in the euro area," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1708, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- repec:bla:intfin:v:20:y:2017:i:1:p:48-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012. "Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-2326, August.
- Christoph Basten & Mike Mariathasan, 2018. "How Banks Respond to Negative Interest Rates: Evidence from the Swiss Exemption Threshold," CESifo Working Paper Series 6901, CESifo Group Munich.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta & Boris Hofmann, 2017.
"The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 48-63, March.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta & Boris Hofmann, 2015. "The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability," BIS Working Papers 514, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pb:p:217-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Jobst & Huidan Huidan Lin, 2016. "Negative Interest Rate Policy (NIRP); Implications for Monetary Transmission and Bank Profitability in the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 16/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Ragnar E. Juelsrud & Ella Getz Wold, 2017. "Are Negative Nominal Interest Rates Expansionary?," NBER Working Papers 24039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borio, Claudio & Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2017.
"Monetary policy and bank lending in a low interest rate environment: Diminishing effectiveness?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(PB), pages 217-231.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2017. "Monetary policy and bank lending in a low interest rate environment: diminishing effectiveness?," BIS Working Papers 612, Bank for International Settlements.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2018-09-24 (Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2018-09-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-09-24 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:25004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.