Geographic Cross-Sectional Fiscal Spending Multipliers: What Have We Learned?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Owen M. Zidar, 2015. "Tax Cuts For Whom? Heterogeneous Effects of Income Tax Changes on Growth and Employment," NBER Working Papers 21035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Beraja & Erik Hurst & Juan Ospina, 2016. "The Aggregate Implications of Regional Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 21956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leeper, Eric M., 1991. "Equilibria under 'active' and 'passive' monetary and fiscal policies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 129-147, February.
- Lukas Buchheim & Martin Watzinger, 2017.
"The Employment Effects of Countercyclical Infrastructure Investments,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6383, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buchheim, Lukas & Watzinger, Martin, 2017. "The Employment Effects of Countercyclical Infrastructure Investments," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 20, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Buchheim, Lukas & Watzinger, Martin, 2017. "The Employment Effects of Countercyclical Infrastructure Investments," Discussion Papers in Economics 34877, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Joshua K. Hausman, 2016. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Recovery: The Case of the 1936 Veterans' Bonus," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(4), pages 1100-1143, April.
- Trezzi, Riccardo & Porcelli, Francesco, 2014. "Reconstruction Multipliers," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-79, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised Jan 2016.
- Wataru Miyamoto & Thuy Lan Nguyen & Dmitriy Sergeyev, 2018.
"Government Spending Multipliers under the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Thuy Lan Nguyen & Dmitriy Sergeyev & Wataru Miyamoto, 2016. "Government Spending Multipliers under the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan," 2016 Meeting Papers 666, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Wataru Miyamoto & Thuy Lan Nguyen & Dmitriy Sergeyev, 2017. "Government Spending Multipliers Under the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan," Staff Working Papers 17-40, Bank of Canada.
- Miyamoto, Wataru & Nguyen, Thuy Lan & Sergeyev, Dmitriy, 2016. "Government Spending Multipliers under the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 11633, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William D. Dupor, 2013. "Creating jobs via the 2009 recovery act: state medicaid grants compared to broadly-directed spending," Working Papers 2013-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2008. "The Economics of Place-Making Policies," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(1 (Spring), pages 155-253.
- Fitzgerald, Terry J. & Nicolini, Juan Pablo, 2014. "Is There a Stable Relationship between Unemployment and Future Inflation? Evidence from U.S. Cities," Working Papers 713, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hooker, Mark A & Knetter, Michael M, 1997. "The Effects of Military Spending on Economic Activity: Evidence from State Procurement Spending," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 400-421, August.
- Eric Zwick & James Mahon, 2017. "Tax Policy and Heterogeneous Investment Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(1), pages 217-248, January.
- Markus Brückner & Anita Tuladhar, 2014. "Local Government Spending Multipliers and Financial Distress: Evidence from Japanese Prefectures," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(581), pages 1279-1316, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kilian Huber, 2018.
"Disentangling the Effects of a Banking Crisis: Evidence from German Firms and Counties,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 108(3), pages 868-898, March.
- Kilian Huber, 2015. "The Persistence of a Banking Crisis," Discussion Papers 1532, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Huber, Kilian, 2018. "Disentangling the effects of a banking crisis: evidence from German firms and counties," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87410, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Huber, Kilian, 2015. "The persistence of a banking crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65010, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kilian Huber, 2015. "The Persistence of a Banking Crisis," CEP Discussion Papers dp1389, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Huber, Kilian, 2015. "The persistence of a banking crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87162, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cerqua, Augusto & Pellegrini, Guido, 2018. "Local multipliers at work," MPRA Paper 85326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dupor, William D. & Rodrigo , Guerrero, 2017. "The Aggregate and Relative Economic Effects of Medicaid and Medicare Expansions," Working Papers 2017-27, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:49:y:2019:i:2018-01:p:151-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Natalia Q. Cotarelli, Vinicius A. Vale, 2018. "On the Numerical Structure of Local and Nationwide Government Spending Multipliers: What Can We Learn from the Greek Crisis?," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2018_05, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Hollmayr, Josef & Kuckuck, Jan, 2018. "Fiscal multipliers of central, state and local government and of the social security funds in Germany: Evidence of a SVAR," Discussion Papers 28/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kirill Borusyak & Xavier Jaravel, 2018. "The Distributional Effects of Trade: Theory and Evidence from the United States," 2018 Meeting Papers 284, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- François Geerolf & Thomas Grjebine, 2018. "Property Tax Shocks and Macroeconomics," Working Papers 2018-03, CEPII research center.
- Benjamin A. Austin & Edward L. Glaeser & Lawrence H. Summers, 2018. "Jobs for the Heartland: Place-Based Policies in 21st Century America," NBER Working Papers 24548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:red:issued:18-119 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.