Pricing in the Market for Anticancer Drugs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Budish & Benjamin Roin & Heidi Williams, 2013. "Do fixed patent terms distort innovation? Evidence from cancer clinical trials," Discussion Papers 13-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Maxwell, Sarah, 2002. "Rule-based price fairness and its effect on willingness to purchase," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 191-212, April.
- Reekie, W Duncan, 1978. "Price and Quality Competition in the United States Drug Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 223-237, March.
- Z. John Lu & William S. Comanor, 1998. "Strategic Pricing Of New Pharmaceuticals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 108-118, February.
- Sun Eric & Jena Anupam B & Lakdawalla Darius & Reyes Carolina & Philipson Tomas J & Goldman Dana, 2010. "The Contributions of Improved Therapy and Earlier Detection to Cancer Survival Gains, 1988-2000," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1-22, February.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard, 1986. "Fairness as a Constraint on Profit Seeking: Entitlements in the Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 728-741, September.
- Frank Lichtenberg, 2009. "The effect of new cancer drug approvals on the life expectancy of American cancer patients, 1978-2004," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 407-428.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Pommerehne, Werner W., 1993. "On the fairness of pricing -- An empirical survey among the general population," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 295-307, April.
- A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), 2000. "Handbook of Health Economics," Handbook of Health Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1, 00.
- Claudio Lucarelli & Sean Nicholson, 2009. "A Quality-Adjusted Price Index for Colorectal Cancer Drugs," NBER Working Papers 15174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dubois, Pierre & Kyle, Margaret K, 2016. "The Effects of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Cancer Mortality," CEPR Discussion Papers 11487, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Shepard & Katherine Baicker & Jonathan Skinner, 2019.
"Does One Medicare Fit All? The Economics of Uniform Health Insurance Benefits,"
NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 34,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Shepard & Katherine Baicker & Jonathan S. Skinner, 2019. "Does One Medicare Fit All? The Economics of Uniform Health Insurance Benefits," NBER Working Papers 26472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shepard, Mark & Baicker, Katherine & Skinner, Jonathan, 2019. "Does One Medicare Fit All? The Economics of Uniform Health Insurance Benefits," Working Paper Series rwp19-036, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Dankó, D. & Blay, J-Y. & Garrison, L.P., 2019. "Challenges in the value assessment, pricing and funding of targeted combination therapies in oncology," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(12), pages 1230-1236.
- Anne E. Hall, 2015. "Adjusting the Measurement of the Output of the Medical Sector for Quality: A Review of the Literature," BEA Working Papers 0122, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Massimo FLORIO & Francesco GIFFONI, 2019. "L’impatto sociale della produzione di scienza su larga scala: come governarlo?," Departmental Working Papers 2019-05, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Edouard Debonneuil & Anne Eyraud-Loisel & Frédéric Planchet, 2018. "Can Pension Funds Partially Manage Longevity Risk by Investing in a Longevity Megafund?," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-27, July.
- Geng, Difei & Saggi, Kamal, 2020. "Optimal price regulations in international pharmaceutical markets with generic competition," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Sabine Vogler & Valérie Paris & Alessandra Ferrario & Veronika J. Wirtz & Kees Joncheere & Peter Schneider & Hanne Bak Pedersen & Guillaume Dedet & Zaheer-Ud-Din Babar, 2017. "How Can Pricing and Reimbursement Policies Improve Affordable Access to Medicines? Lessons Learned from European Countries," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 307-321, June.
- Seabury Seth A. & Goldman Dana P. & Lakdawalla Darius N. & Gupta Charu N. & Khan Zeba M. & Chandra Amitabh & Philipson Tomas J., 2016. "Quantifying Gains in the War on Cancer Due to Improved Treatment and Earlier Detection," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 141-156, June.
- Kristopher J. Hult & Sonia Jaffe & Tomas J. Philipson, 2018.
"How Does Technological Change Affect Quality-Adjusted Prices in Health Care? Systematic Evidence from Thousands of Innovations,"
American Journal of Health Economics, MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 433-453, Fall.
- Kristopher J. Hult & Sonia Jaffe & Tomas J. Philipson, 2016. "How Does Technological Change Affect Quality-Adjusted Prices in Health Care? Systematic Evidence from Thousands of Innovations," NBER Working Papers 22986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefano Capri, 2020. "High prices of new drugs: we are ready to do whatever it takes," LIUC Papers in Economics 2020-8, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Dubois, Pierre & Kyle, Margaret, 2016. "The Effects of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Cancer Mortality Rates," TSE Working Papers 16-688, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Radion Svynarenko & Qun Zhang & Hyungsoo Kim, 2019. "The Financial Burden of Cancer: Financial Ratio Analysis," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 165-179, June.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:20867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.