Recovery from Financial Crises: Evidence from 100 Episodes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014. "Recovery from Financial Crises: Evidence from 100 Episodes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 50-55, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 215-268, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters, in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly,
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dani Rodrik, 2018. "Populism and the economics of globalization," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(1), pages 12-33, June.
- Daisuke Ikeda & Toan Phan & Timothy Sablik, 2020.
"Asset Bubbles and Global Imbalances,"
Richmond Fed Economic Brief, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 20, pages 1-4, January.
- Karen K. Lewis, 2011. "Global Asset Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 435-466, December.
- Ibrahim Ari & Muammer Koc, 2018. "Sustainable Financing for Sustainable Development: Understanding the Interrelations between Public Investment and Sovereign Debt," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-25, October.
- Enrico Perotti & Magdelena Rola-Janicka, 2019. "Funding Shocks and Credit Quality," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-060/IV, Tinbergen Institute.
- Roos, Michael W. M., 2015. "The macroeconomics of radical uncertainty," Ruhr Economic Papers 592, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Roy, Saktinil & Kemme, David M., 2012. "Causes of banking crises: Deregulation, credit booms and asset bubbles, then and now," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 270-294.
- Christoph Trebesch, 2019.
"Resolving sovereign debt crises: the role of political risk,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(2), pages 421-444.
- Christoph Trebesch, 2018. "Resolving Sovereign Debt Crises: The Role of Political Risk," CESifo Working Paper Series 7161, CESifo.
- Trebesch, Christoph, 2018. "Resolving sovereign debt crises: The role of political risk," Kiel Working Papers 2111, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ms. Era Dabla-Norris & Mr. Marco Arena & Mrs. Kerstin Gerling & Lamin Njie & Serpil Bouza, 2015. "Credit Booms and Macroeconomic Dynamics: Stylized Facts and Lessons for Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 2015/011, International Monetary Fund.
- Pogany, Peter, 2013. "Thermodynamic Isolation and the New World Order," MPRA Paper 49924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prabheesh, K.P. & Anglingkusumo, Reza & Juhro, Solikin M., 2021. "The dynamics of global financial cycle and domestic economic cycles: Evidence from India and Indonesia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 831-842.
- Mala Raghavan & Mardi Dungey, 2015.
"Should ASEAN-5 monetary policy-makers act pre-emptively against stock market bubbles?,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(11), pages 1086-1105, March.
- Raghavan, Mala & Dungey, Mardi, 2014. "Should ASEAN-5 Monetary Policymakers Act Pre-emptively Against Stock Market Bubbles?," Working Papers 2014-04, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 2014.
- Röhrs, Sigrid & Winter, Christoph, 2017.
"Reducing government debt in the presence of inequality,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 1-20.
- Christoph Winter & Sigrid Roehrs, 2014. "Reducing Government Debt in the Presence of Inequality," 2014 Meeting Papers 176, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Janice Boucher Breuer & John McDermott, 2019. "Debt And Depression," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 714-730, October.
- Reischmann, Markus, 2016.
"Creative accounting and electoral motives: Evidence from OECD countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 243-257.
- Markus Reischmann, 2015. "Creative Accounting and Electoral Motives: Evidence from OECD Countries," ifo Working Paper Series 201, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Javier Bianchi & Enrique G. Mendoza, 2018.
"Optimal Time-Consistent Macroprudential Policy,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 126(2), pages 588-634.
- Javier Bianchi & Enrique G. Mendoza, 2013. "Optimal Time-Consistent Macroprudential Policy," NBER Working Papers 19704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Javier Bianchi & Enrique Mendoza, 2015. "Optimal Time-Consistent Macroprudential Policy," PIER Working Paper Archive 15-032, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Aug 2015.
- Enrique Mendoza & Javier Bianchi, 2015. "Optimal Time-Consistent Macroprudential Policy," 2015 Meeting Papers 289, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Javier Bianchi & Enrique G Mendoza, 2015. "Optimal time-consistent macroprudential policy," BIS Working Papers 516, Bank for International Settlements.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2013.
"Financial Crises: Explanations, Types and Implications,"
CAMA Working Papers
2013-06, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan, 2013. "Financial Crises: Explanations, Types, and Implications," CEPR Discussion Papers 9329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mr. Ayhan Kose & Mr. Stijn Claessens, 2013. "Financial Crises Explanations, Types, and Implications," IMF Working Papers 2013/028, International Monetary Fund.
- Jack Bekooij & Jon Frost & Remco van der Molen & Krzysztof Muzalewski, 2016. "Hazardous tango: Sovereign-bank interdependencies across countries and time," DNB Working Papers 541, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Cai, Michael & Del Negro, Marco & Giannoni, Marc P. & Gupta, Abhi & Li, Pearl & Moszkowski, Erica, 2019. "DSGE forecasts of the lost recovery," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1770-1789.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Nielsen, Morten Ørregaard & Zhu, Jie, 2015.
"The impact of financial crises on the risk–return tradeoff and the leverage effect,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 407-418.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Jie Zhu & Morten Ã˜. Nielsen, 2012. "The Impact Of Financial Crises On The Risk-return Tradeoff And The Leverage Effect," Working Paper 1295, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & Jie Zhu, 2012. "The impact of financial crises on the risk-return tradeoff and the leverage effect," CREATES Research Papers 2012-19, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F44 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Business Cycles
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2014-01-24 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-01-24 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2014-01-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2014-01-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2014-01-24 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19823. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.