Interpreting Tests of Forward Discount Bias Using Survey Data on Exchange Rate Expectations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Hodrick, Robert J. & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1984.
"An investigation of risk and return in forward foreign exchange,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 5-29, April.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Sanjay Srivastava, 1983. "An Investigation of Risk and Return in Forward Foreign Exchange," NBER Working Papers 1180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1980. "Exchange-Rate Expectations and Nominal Interest Differentials: A Test ofthe Fisher Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 0537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Hodrick, Robert J, 1980. "Forward Exchange Rates as Optimal Predictors of Future Spot Rates: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 829-853, October.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Kenneth A. Froot, 1986. "The Dollar as Speculative Bubble: A Tale of Fundamentalists and Chartists," NBER Working Papers 1854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krasker, William S., 1980. "The `peso problem' in testing the efficiency of forward exchange markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 269-276, April.
- Longworth, David, 1981. "Testing the Efficiency of the Canadian-U.S. Exchange Market under the Assumption of no Risk Premium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 43-49, March.
- Huang, Roger D., 1984. "Some alternative tests of forward exchange rates as predictors of future spot rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 153-167, August.
- Bilson, John F O, 1981. "The "Speculative Efficiency" Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 435-451, July.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1985.
"Bank deregulation, accounting systems of exchange, and the unit of account: A critical review,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 13-45, January.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1985. "Bank Deregulation, Accounting Systems of Exchange, and the Unit of Account: A Critical Review," NBER Working Papers 1572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ralph W. Tryon, 1979. "Testing for rational expectations in foreign exchange markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 139, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gregory, Allan W. & McCurdy, Thomas H., 1984. "Testing the unbiasedness hypothesis in the forward foreign exchange market: A specification analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 357-368, December.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1984. "Forward and spot exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-338, November.
- Boothe, Paul & Longworth, David, 1986. "Foreign exchange market efficiency tests: Implications of recent empirical findings," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 135-152, June.
- Mussa, Michael, 1979. "Empirical regularities in the behavior of exchange rates and theories of the foreign exchange market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 9-57, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beine, Michel & Benassy-Quere, Agnes & MacDonald, Ronald, 2007.
"The impact of central bank intervention on exchange-rate forecast heterogeneity,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 38-63, March.
- M. Beine & A. Bénassy-Quéré & E. Dauchy & R. MacDonald, 2002. "The Impact of Central Bank Intervention on Exchange-Rate Forecast Heterogeneity," THEMA Working Papers 2002-22, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Michel Beine & Agnes Bénassy-Quéré & Ronald MacDonald, 2007. "The impact of Central Bank intervention on exchange rate forecasts heterogeneity," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10423, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Beine & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Estelle Dauchy & Ronald MacDonald, 2002. "The Impact of Central Bank Intervention on Exchange-Rate Forecast Heterogeneity," Working Papers 2002-04, CEPII research center.
- Paul De Grauwe & Marianna Grimaldi, 2004.
"Bubbles and Crashes in a Behavioural Finance Model,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1194, CESifo Group Munich.
- De Grauwe, Paul & Grimaldi, Marianna, 2004. "Bubbles and Crashes in a Behavioural Finance Model," Working Paper Series 164, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Paul De Grauwe & Marianna Grimaldi, 2005. "Bubbles and crashes in a Behavioural Finance Model," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 25, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 2000. "Is the foreign exchange market 'risky'? Some new survey-based results," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Douglas, Justin J. & Bartley, Scott W., 1997. "Risk premia in Australian interest rates," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-35.
- Rajesh Chakrabarti & Barry Scholnick, 2002. "Exchange rate expectations and foreign direct investment flows," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2006.
"Rate-of-return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 331-347, August.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2004. "Rate of Return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-01, McMaster University.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2004. "Rate of Return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets," McMaster Experimental Economics Laboratory Publications 2004-07, McMaster University.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 2000. " Expectations Formation and Risk in Three Financial Markets: Surveying What the Surveys Say," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 69-100, February.
- Imad Moosa & Abul Shamsuddin, 2004. "Expectation formation mechanisms, profitability of foreign exchange trading and exchange rate volatility," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(14), pages 1599-1606.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Mehrez, Gil & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2005.
"Predicting currency fluctuations and crises: Do resident firms have an informational advantage?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1012-1029, October.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Mehrez, Gil & Schmukler, Sergio, 1999. "Predicting currency fluctuations and crises - do resident firms have an informational advantage?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2259, The World Bank.
- Waheed, Muhammad, 2009. "Forward rate unbiased hypothesis, risk premium and exchange rate expectations: estimates on Pakistan Rupee-US Dollar," MPRA Paper 33167, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2010.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1963. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.