The Production of and Market for New Physicians' Skill
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amol Navathe & Guy David, 2009. "The Formation of Peer Reputation among Physicians and Its Effect on Technology Adoption," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 289-322.
- Epstein, Andrew J., 2010. "Effects of report cards on referral patterns to cardiac surgeons," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 718-731, September.
- Paul Oyer, 2006. "Initial Labor Market Conditions and Long-Term Outcomes for Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 143-160, Summer.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2008.
"Heteroskedasticity-Robust Standard Errors for Fixed Effects Panel Data Regression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 155-174, January.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2006. "Heteroskedasticity-Robust Standard Errors for Fixed Effects Panel Data Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fournier, Gary M & McInnes, Melayne Morgan, 2002. "The Effects of Managed Care on Medical Referrals and the Quality of Specialty Care," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 457-473, December.
- Epstein, Andrew J. & Nicholson, Sean, 2009.
"The formation and evolution of physician treatment styles: An application to cesarean sections,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1126-1140, December.
- Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2005. "The Formation And Evolution Of Physician Treatment Styles: An Application To Cesarean Sections," Working Papers id:176, eSocialSciences.
- Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2005. "The Formation and Evolution of Physician Treatment Styles: An Application to Cesarean Sections," NBER Working Papers 11549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew J. Epstein & Jonathan D. Ketcham & Sean Nicholson, 2010. "Specialization and matching in professional services firms," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(4), pages 811-834.
- Dranove, David & Wehner, Paul, 1994. "Physician-induced demand for childbirths," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 61-73, March.
- Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark, 2008. "Heteroskedasticity-Robust Standard Errors for Fixed Effects Panel Data Regression," Scholarly Articles 28461843, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Norman K Thurston & Anne M. Libby, 2002. "A Production Function For Physician Services Revisited," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 184-191, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey E. Harris & Beatriz G. López-Valcárcel & Patricia Barber & Vicente Ortún, 2014. "Efficiency versus Equity in the Allocation of Medical Specialty Training Positions in Spain: A Health Policy Simulation Based on a Discrete Choice Model," NBER Working Papers 19896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2013-01-12 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2013-01-12 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.