Risk Aversion and the Willingness to Migrate in 30 Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Akgüç, Mehtap & Liu, Xingfei & Tani, Massimiliano & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016. "Risk attitudes and migration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 166-176.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Holger Bonin & Amelie Constant & Konstantinos Tatsiramos & Klaus Zimmermann, 2009.
"Native-migrant differences in risk attitudes,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(15), pages 1581-1586.
- Bonin, Holger & Constant, Amelie F. & Tatsiramos, Konstantinos & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2006. "Native-Migrant Differences in Risk Attitudes," IZA Discussion Papers 1999, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Bonin & Amelie Constant & Konstantinos Tatsiramos & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2006. "Native-Migrant Differences in Risk Attitudes," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 560, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bonin, Holger & Constant, Amelie & Tatsiramos, Konstantinos & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2006. "Native-Migrant Differences in Risk Attitudes," CEPR Discussion Papers 5587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Christian Dustmann & Francesco Fasani & Xin Meng & Luigi Minale, "undated".
"Risk Attitudes and Household Migration Decisions,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1514, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Dustmann, Christian & Fasani, Francesco & Meng, Xin & Minale, Luigi, 2017. "Risk Attitudes and Household Migration Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 10603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Francesco Fasani & Xin Meng & Luigi Minale, 2017. "Risk Attitudes and Household Migration Decisions," Development Working Papers 423, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 24 Feb 2017.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814719902_0012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frédéric Docquier & Giovanni Peri & Ilse Ruyssen, 2016.
"The Cross-country Determinants of Potential and Actual Migration,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Economics of International Migration, chapter 12, pages 361-423
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Frédéric Docquier & Giovanni Peri & Ilse Ruyssen, 2014. "The Cross-country Determinants of Potential and Actual Migration," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 37-99, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration intentions; Risk Aversion; Former Communist Countries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2018-10-08 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2018-10-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-UPT-2018-10-08 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
- NEP-URE-2018-10-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wpaper:y:2018:i:569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.