U.S. Foreign-Exchange-Market Intervention during the Volcker-Greenspan Era
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bordo, Michael D. & Humpage, Owen F. & Schwartz, Anna J., 2010. "U.S. foreign-exchange-market intervention during the Volcker-Greenspan era," Working Paper 1007, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein, 1986. "New Evidence on the Effects of Exchange Rate Intervention," NBER Working Papers 2052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Bordo & Anna Schwartz, 1991. "What has foreign exchange market intervention since the Plaza Agreement accomplished?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 39-64, February.
- Mark A. Carlson, 2006. "A brief history of the 1987 stock market crash with a discussion of the Federal Reserve response," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-340, June.
- Michael L. Bagshaw & Owen F. Humpage, 1986. "Intervention, exchange-rate volatility, and the stable paretian distribution," Working Paper 8608, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Owen F. Humpage & Sanchita Mukherjee, 2013. "Even keel and the Great Inflation," Working Paper 1315, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Robert G. King, 2012. "Central Banking in an Open Economy," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 167-178, March.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2012.
"The Federal Reserve as an Informed Foreign Exchange Trader: 1973–1995,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 127-160, March.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2011. "The Federal Reserve as an Informed Foreign Exchange Trader: 1973 - 1995," NBER Working Papers 17425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2011. "The Federal Reserve as an informed foreign-exchange trader: 1973-1995," Working Paper 1118, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ronald McDonald & Xuxin Mao, 2016. "Japan's Currency Intervention Regimes: A Microstructural Analysis with Speculation and Sentiment," Working Papers 2016_06, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
More about this item
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .