What has foreign exchange market intervention since the Plaza Agreement accomplished?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein, 1988. "International Economic Cooperation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld88-4, June.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1987.
"The Flexible Exchange Rate System: Experience and Alternatives,"
NBER Working Papers
2464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudiger Dornbusch and Jeffrey Frankel., 1988. "The Flexible Exchange Rate System: Experience and Alternatives," Economics Working Papers 8868, University of California at Berkeley.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Frankel, Jeffrey, 1988. "The Flexible Exchange Rate System: Experience and Alternatives," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5ct1w459, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M. & Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1992.
"Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Matter? Disentangling the Portfolio and Expectations Effects,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
233167, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez and Jeffrey A. Frankel., 1992. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Matter? Disentangling the Portfolio and Expectations Effects," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C92-001, University of California at Berkeley.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1982. "In search of the exchange risk premium: A six-currency test assuming mean-variance optimization," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 255-274, January.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1988. "The Effectiveness of Foreign-Exchange Intervention: Recent Experience," NBER Working Papers 2796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dominguez, Kathryn Mary, 1990.
"Market responses to coordinated central bank intervention,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 121-163, January.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez, 1989. "Market Responses To Coordinated Central Bank Intervention," NBER Working Papers 3192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dominguez, K.M., 1989. "Market Responses To Coordinated Central Bank Intervention," Papers 179d, Harvard - J.F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Mussa, Michael, 1979. "Empirical regularities in the behavior of exchange rates and theories of the foreign exchange market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 9-57, January.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1984. "On the effects of sterilized intervention : An analysis of weekly data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 133-150, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Nagayasu, Jun, 2010.
"Structural breaks in the real exchange rate and real interest rate relationship,"
Global Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 138-151.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Jun Nagayasu, 2008. "Structural Breaks in the Real Exchange Rate and Real Interest Rate Relationship," Working Papers 2008_29, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Nagayasu, Jun, 2008. "Structural Breaks in the Real Exchange Rate and Real Interest Rate Relationship," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-52, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Alfred Broaddus & Marvin Goodfriend, 1996. "Foreign exchange operations and the Federal Reserve," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 1-20.
- Stéphanie Guichard, 1998. "La politique monétaire et la crise japonaise," Working Papers 1998-06, CEPII research center.
- Karunaratne, Neil Dias, 1996. "Exchange rate intervention in Australia (December 1983 to May 1993)," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 397-417, August.
- Kang, In-Bong, 1999. "International foreign exchange agreements and nominal exchange rate volatility: a GARCH application," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 453-472.
- Rockoff, Hugh & White, Eugene N., 2012. "Monetary Regimes and Policy on a Global Scale: The Oeuvre of Michael D. Bordo," MPRA Paper 49672, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2013.
- Philippe Gudin & Antoine Magnier & Nicolas Ponty, 1991. "Taux d'intérêt : une asymétrie moins forte," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 246(1), pages 55-63.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Humpage, Owen F. & Schwartz, Anna J., 2010.
"U.S. foreign-exchange-market intervention during the Volcker-Greenspan era,"
1007, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2010. "U.S. Foreign-Exchange-Market Intervention during the Volcker-Greenspan Era," NBER Working Papers 16345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1993.
"The gold standard, Bretton Woods and other monetary regimes: a historical appraisal,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 123-191.
- Michael Bordo, 1993. "The Gold Standard, Bretton Woods and other Monetary Regimes: An Historical Appraisal," NBER Working Papers 4310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Willett, 1999. "Developments in the Political Economy of Policy Coordination," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 221-253, May.
- Daniels, Joseph, 1997. "Optimal sterilization policies in interdependent economies," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 43-60, February.
- Manuela Moschella, 2015. "Currency wars in the advanced world: Resisting appreciation at a time of change in central banking monetary consensus," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 134-161, February.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary authorities; intervention; foreign exchange markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:2:y:1991:i:1:p:39-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.