Is There a Market for Voluntary Health Insurance in Developing Countries?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E., 1997. "Economic foundations of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-31, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grant Miller & Diana Pinto & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2013.
"Risk Protection, Service Use, and Health Outcomes under Colombia's Health Insurance Program for the Poor,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 61-91, October.
- Grant Miller & Diana M. Pinto & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2009. "Risk Protection, Service Use, and Health Outcomes Under Colombia's Health Insurance Program for the Poor," NBER Working Papers 15456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca L. Thornton & Laurel E. Hatt & Erica M. Field & Mursaleena Islam & Freddy Solís Diaz & Martha Azucena González, 2010. "Social security health insurance for the informal sector in Nicaragua: a randomized evaluation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 181-206, September.
- Bernal Lobato, N., 2014. "Essays in applied microeconomics," Other publications TiSEM 9b638b3d-2f83-452a-b2c8-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bernal, Noelia & Carpio, Miguel A. & Klein, Tobias J., 2017.
"The effects of access to health insurance: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design in Peru,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 122-136.
- Bernal, Noelia & Carpio, Miguel A. & Klein, Tobias J., 2014. "The Effects of Access to Health Insurance for Informally Employed Individuals in Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 8213, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bernal Lobato, Noelia & Carpio, M.A. & Klein, Tobias, 2017. "The effects of access to health insurance: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design in Peru," Other publications TiSEM 215d796f-09fd-4231-a02d-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Annear, Peter Leslie & Ahmed, Shakil & Ros, Chhun Eang & Ir, Por, 2013. "Strengthening institutional and organizational capacity for social health protection of the informal sector in lesser-developed countries: A study of policy barriers and opportunities in Cambodia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 223-231.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Scott Johnson & Matthew Davis & Anna Kaltenboeck & Howard Birnbaum & ElizaBeth Grubb & Marcy Tarrants & Andrew Siderowf, 2011. "Early retirement and income loss in patients with early and advanced Parkinson’s disease," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 9(6), pages 367-376, November.
- David Meltzer & Magnus Johannesson, 1999. "Inconsistencies in the "Societal Perspective" on Costs of the Panel on Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine," Medical Decision Making, , vol. 19(4), pages 371-377, October.
- Glenn Jenkins & CHUN-YAN KUO & JOHN GIRALDEZ, 2007. "Canadian Regulatory Cost-Benefit Analysis Guide," Development Discussion Papers 2007-03, JDI Executive Programs.
- Kevin Haninger & James K. Hammitt, 2011.
"Diminishing Willingness to Pay per Quality‐Adjusted Life Year: Valuing Acute Foodborne Illness,"
Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 31(9), pages 1363-1380, September.
- Hammitt, James & Haninger, Kevin, 2010. "Diminishing Willingness to Pay per Quality-Adjusted Life Year: Valuing Acute Foodborne Illness," LERNA Working Papers 11.01.335, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Hammitt, James K. & Haninger, Kevin, 2010. "Diminishing Willingness to Pay per Quality-Adjusted Life Year: Valuing Acute Foodborne Illness," TSE Working Papers 10-268, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana P. & Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Zheng, Yuhui & Gailey, Adam H., 2012.
"The value of medical and pharmaceutical interventions for reducing obesity,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 630-643.
- Pierre-Carl Michaud & Dana Goldman & Darius Lakdawalla & Yuhui Zhen & Adam H. Gailey, 2011. "The Value of Medican and Pharmaceutical Interventions for Reducing Obesity," Cahiers de recherche 1109, CIRPEE.
- Aaron A. Stinnett & John Mullahy, 1998. "Net Health Benefits: A New Framework for the Analysis of Uncertainty in Cost-Effectiveness Analysis," NBER Technical Working Papers 0227, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaeger, William K. & Egelkraut, Thorsten M., 2011. "Biofuel economics in a setting of multiple objectives and unintended consequences," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4320-4333.
- Pieter H. M. van Baal & Talitha L. Feenstra & Johan J. Polder & Rudolf T. Hoogenveen & Werner B. F. Brouwer, 2011.
"Economic evaluation and the postponement of health care costs,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 432-445, April.
- van Baal, P.H. & Feenstra, T.L. & Polder, J.J. & Hoogenveen, R.T. & Brouwer, W., 2011. "Economic evaluation and the postponement of health care costs," Other publications TiSEM ee3d1a20-234a-46d7-8acd-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hoel, Michael, 2007. "What should (public) health insurance cover?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 251-262, March.
- Verniers, Isabel & Stremersch, Stefan & Croux, Christophe, 2011. "The global entry of new pharmaceuticals: A joint investigation of launch window and price," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 295-308.
- Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roger, 2005. "A cost-effectiveness analysis of domestic radon remediation in four primary care trusts located in Northamptonshire, UK," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Kenkel, Don, 1997. "On valuing morbidity, cost-effectiveness analysis, and being rude," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 749-757, December.
- Herrera-Araujo, Daniel & Hammitt, James K. & Rheinberger, Christoph M., 2020. "Theoretical bounds on the value of improved health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Zeynep Erkin & Matthew D. Bailey & Lisa M. Maillart & Andrew J. Schaefer & Mark S. Roberts, 2010. "Eliciting Patients' Revealed Preferences: An Inverse Markov Decision Process Approach," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 358-365, December.
- Mark Sculpher & David Torgerson & Ron Goeree & Bernie O'Brien, 1999. "A critical structured review of economic evaluations of interventions for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis," Working Papers 169chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Mark Schreiner & Jacob Yaron, 2001. "Development Finance Institutions : Measuring Their Subsidy," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 13983, December.
- Joshua Graff Zivin, 2001. "Cost‐effectiveness analysis with risk aversion," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 499-508, September.
- Basu, Anirban, 2015.
"Welfare implications of learning through solicitation versus diversification in health care,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 165-173.
- Anirban Basu, 2014. "Welfare Implications of Learning Through Solicitation versus Diversification in Health Care," NBER Working Papers 20376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hao Yu, 2017. "China’s medical savings accounts: an analysis of the price elasticity of demand for health care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(6), pages 773-785, July.
- Nadia Yakhelef & Martine Audibert & Gabriella Ferlazzo & Joseph Sitienei & Steve Wanjala & Francis Varaine & Maryline Bonnet & Helena Huerga, 2020. "Cost-effectiveness of diagnostic algorithms including lateral-flow urine lipoarabinomannan for HIV-positive patients with symptoms of tuberculosis," Post-Print halshs-03170014, HAL.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2008-06-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-06-27 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2008-06-27 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14095. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.