The Lifetime Costs and Benefits of Medical Technology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amitabh Chandra & Douglas O. Staiger, 2007. "Productivity Spillovers in Health Care: Evidence from the Treatment of Heart Attacks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 103-140.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1990.
"Efficient Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 809-837, July.
- Newey, W.K., 1989. "Efficient Instrumental Variables Estimation Of Nonlinear Models," Papers 341, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E., 1997. "Economic foundations of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Robert S. Huckman & Gary P. Pisano, 2006. "The Firm Specificity of Individual Performance: Evidence from Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 473-488, April.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jack, William & Lewis, Maureen, 2009. "Health investments and economic growth : macroeconomic evidence and microeconomic foundations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4877, The World Bank.
- Alice Sanwald & Thomas Schober, 2014.
"Follow your Heart: Survival Chances and Costs after Heart Attacks - An Instrumental Variable Approach,"
NRN working papers
2014-13, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Alice Sanwald & Thomas Schober, 2014. "Follow your Heart: Survival chances and costs after Heart Attacks – An instrumental Variable Approach," CDL Aging, Health, Labor working papers 1503, The Christian Doppler (CD) Laboratory Aging, Health, and the Labor Market, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Alice Sanwald & Thomas Schober, 2014. "Follow your Heart: Survival Chances and Costs after Heart Attacks - An Instrumental Variable Approach," Working Papers 2014-26, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Alice Sanwald & Thomas Schober, 2014. "Follow your Heart: Survival Chances and Costs after Heart Attacks - An Instrumental Variable Approach," Economics working papers 2014-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Juan Contreras & Elena Patel & Ignez Tristao, 2013. "Production Factors, Productivity Dynamics and Quality Gains as Determinants of Healthcare Spending Growth in U.S. Hospitals," Working Papers 2013-13, Banco de México.
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew Neidell, 2013. "Environment, Health, and Human Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 689-730, September.
- Avdic, Daniel, 2016. "Improving efficiency or impairing access? Health care consolidation and quality of care: Evidence from emergency hospital closures in Sweden," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 44-60.
- Margaret Oppenheimer & Helen LaVan & William Martin, 2015. "A Framework for Understanding Ethical and Efficiency Issues in Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property Litigation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 505-524, December.
- Kuhn, Michael & Frankovic, Ivan & Wrzaczek, Stefan, 2017.
"Medical Progress, Demand for Health Care, and Economic Performance,"
Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking
168249, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frankovic, Ivan & Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan, 2017. "Medical progress, demand for health care, and economic performance," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 08/2017, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Joseph J. Doyle, 2011. "Returns to Local-Area Health Care Spending: Evidence from Health Shocks to Patients Far from Home," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 221-243, July.
- Boone, Jan, 2013.
"Does the market choose optimal health insurance coverage?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J., 2013. "Does the Market Choose Optimal Health Insurance Coverage," Discussion Paper 2013-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Michael Bäumler & Tom Stargardt & Jonas Schreyögg & Reinhard Busse, 2012. "Cost Effectiveness of Drug-Eluting Stents in Acute Myocardial Infarction Patients in Germany," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 235-248, July.
- Schreyögg, Jonas & Bäumler, Michael & Busse, Reinhard, 2009. "Balancing adoption and affordability of medical devices in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 218-224, October.
- Li, Jing, 2014. "The influence of state policy and proximity to medical services on health outcomes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 97-109.
- de Meijer, Claudine & O’Donnell, Owen & Koopmanschap, Marc & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2013.
"Health expenditure growth: Looking beyond the average through decomposition of the full distribution,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 88-105.
- Claudine de Meijer & Marc Koopmanschap & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2012. "Health Expenditure Growth: Looking beyond the Average through Decomposition of the Full Distribution," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-051/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Murthy, Vasudeva N.R. & Okunade, Albert A., 2016. "Determinants of U.S. health expenditure: Evidence from autoregressive distributed lag (ARDL) approach to cointegration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 67-73.
- Avdic, Danie, 2015.
"A matter of life and death? Hospital distance and quality of care: evidence from emergency hospital closures and myocardial infarctions,"
Working Paper Series
2015:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Daniel Avdic, 2015. "A Matter of Life and Death? Hospital Distance and Quality of Care - Evidence from Emergency Hospital Closures and Myocardial Infarctions," CINCH Working Paper Series 1501, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Competent in Competition and Health, revised Jan 2015.
- Yuyu Chen & Hongbin Li & Lingsheng Meng, 2013. "Prenatal Sex Selection and Missing Girls in China: Evidence from the Diffusion of Diagnostic Ultrasound," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 48(1), pages 36-70.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9196-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Oliva-Moreno, 2012. "Loss of labour productivity caused by disease and health problems: what is the magnitude of its effect on Spain’s Economy?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(5), pages 605-614, October.
- Damien Bricard & Zeynep Or, 2018. "Does an Early Primary Care Follow-up after Discharge Reduce Readmissions for Heart Failure Patients?," Working Papers DT73, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Mar 2018.
- Giuditta Callea & Aleksandra Torbica & Rosanna Tarricone, 2014. "Impatto del sistema di finanziamento a DRG sull’innovazione tecnologica in sanità. Il caso italiano," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(89), pages 31-48.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:2643640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .