Cost-effectiveness analysis and innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Meltzer, David, 1997. "Accounting for future costs in medical cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 33-64, February.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Weinstein, Milton C., 1993. "On the decision rules of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 459-467, December.
- David Meltzer, 1997. "Accounting for Future Costs in Medical Cost-Effectiveness Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin Mansfield & John Rapoport & Anthony Romeo & Samuel Wagner & George Beardsley, 1977. "Social and Private Rates of Return from Industrial Innovations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 221-240.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E., 1997. "Economic foundations of cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Garber Alan M & Jones Charles I. & Romer Paul, 2006. "Insurance and Incentives for Medical Innovation," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-27, March.
- Alan M. Garber, 1999. "Advances in Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Health Interventions," NBER Working Papers 7198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2004.
"Schumpeterian Profits in the American Economy: Theory and Measurement,"
NBER Working Papers
10433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2004. "Schumpeterian Profits in the American Economy: Theory and Measurement," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1457, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mansfield, Edwin, 1985. "How Rapidly Does New Industrial Technology Leak Out?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(2), pages 217-223, December.
- Weinstein, Milton C. & Manning, Willard Jr., 1997. "Theoretical issues in cost-effectiveness analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-128, February.
- Manning, Richard L, 1994. "Changing Rules in Tort Law and the Market for Childhood Vaccines," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 247-275, April.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Neeraj Sood, 2005. "Insurance and Innovation in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 11602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afschin Gandjour, 2014. "Comment on: “Are Current Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds for Low- and Middle-Income Countries Useful? Examples from the World of Vaccines”," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 32(12), pages 1245-1246, December.
- Patricia Danzon & Adrian Towse & Jorge Mestre‐Ferrandiz, 2015.
"Value‐Based Differential Pricing: Efficient Prices for Drugs in a Global Context,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 294-301, March.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Adrian K. Towse & Jorge Mestre-Ferrandiz, 2012. "Value-Based Differential Pricing: Efficient Prices for Drugs in a Global Context," NBER Working Papers 18593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrigo Camejo & Clare McGrath & Marisa Miraldo & Frans Rutten, 2014. "Distribution of health-related social surplus in pharmaceuticals: an estimation of consumer and producer surplus in the management of high blood lipids and COPD," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(4), pages 439-445, May.
- John Vernon & Robert Goldberg & Joseph Golec, 2009. "Economic Evaluation and Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 27(10), pages 797-806, October.
- Anupam B. Jena & Stéphane Mechoulan & Tomas J. Philipson, 2010. "Altruism and Innovation in Health Care," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 497-518.
- Basu, Anirban & Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J., 2011.
"The impact of comparative effectiveness research on health and health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 695-706, July.
- Anirban Basu & Tomas J. Philipson, 2010. "The Impact of Comparative Effectiveness Research on Health and Health Care Spending," NBER Working Papers 15633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boone, Jan, 2013.
"Does the market choose optimal health insurance coverage?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J., 2013. "Does the Market Choose Optimal Health Insurance Coverage," Discussion Paper 2013-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J., 2013. "Endogenous cost-effectiveness analysis and health care technology adoption," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 172-180.
- Tomas J. Philipson & Gary Becker & Dana Goldman & Kevin M. Murphy, 2010. "Terminal Care and The Value of Life Near Its End," NBER Working Papers 15649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:jpbect:v:19:y:2017:i:1:p:121-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gandjour, Afschin & Chernyak, Nadja, 2011. "A new prize system for drug innovation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 170-177.
- Rodrigo Refoios Camejo & Clare McGrath & Marisa Miraldo & Frans Rutten, 2013. "The Determinants of Cost-Effectiveness Potential: An Historical Perspective on Lipid-Lowering Therapies," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 31(5), pages 445-454, May.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Malani, Anup & Reif, Julian, 2017. "The insurance value of medical innovation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 94-102.
- Levaggi, Rosella, 2014. "Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 69-73.
- Rosella Levaggi & Michele Moretto & Paolo Pertile, 2017.
"The Dynamics of Pharmaceutical Regulation and R&D Investments,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 19(1), pages 121-141, February.
- Rosella Levaggi & Michele Moretto & Paolo Pertile, 2013. "The dynamics of pharmaceutical regulation and R&D investments," Working Papers 13/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Kristopher J. Hult & Sonia Jaffe & Tomas J. Philipson, 2016. "How Does Technological Change Affect Quality-Adjusted Prices in Health Care? Systematic Evidence from Thousands of Innovations," NBER Working Papers 22986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marlon Mundt & Larissa Zakletskaia, 2014. "That’s What Friends Are For: Adolescent Peer Social Status, Health-Related Quality of Life and Healthcare Costs," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 191-201, April.
- Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik, 2016.
"Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-311.
- Sebastian Jobjornsson & Martin Forster & Paolo Pertile & Carl-Fredrik Burman, 2015. "Late-Stage Pharmaceutical R & D and Pricing Policies under Two-Stage Regulation," Discussion Papers 15/16, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Anupam Jena & Tomas Philipson, 2009. "Endogenous Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health Care Technology Adoption," NBER Working Papers 15032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:27:y:2008:i:5:p:1224-1236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.