An Economic Analysis of Platform Sharing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ghosh, Arghya & Morita, Hodaka, 2008. "An economic analysis of platform sharing," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 164-186, June.
- Arghya Ghosh & Hodaka Morita, 2008. "An Economic Analysis of Platform Sharing," NBER Chapters,in: Organizational Innovation and Firm Performance, pages 164-186 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- V. Krishnan & Saurabh Gupta, 2001. "Appropriateness and Impact of Platform-Based Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 52-68, January.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1992. "Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in an Oligopoly with Spillovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1307-1320, December.
- Lin, Ping & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Product differentiation, process R&D, and the nature of market competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 201-211, January.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Luca Lambertini & Sougata Poddar & Dan Sasaki, 1997. "RJVs in Product Innovation and Cartel Stability," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Arghya Ghosh & Hodaka Morita, 2006. "Platform Sharing in a Differentiated Duopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 397-429, June.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 1993. "Cooperative R&D with product market competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 553-571.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992.
"Cooperative R&D and vertical product differentiation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 643-661, December.
- Motta, M., 1991. "Cooperative R&D and vertical product differentiation," CORE Discussion Papers 1991028, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lambertini, Luca & Poddar, Sougata & Sasaki, Dan, 2002. "Research joint ventures, product differentiation, and price collusion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 829-854, June.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, Eitan & Zang, Israel, 1992. "Research Joint Ventures and R&D Cartels," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1293-1306, December.
- Waldman, Michael, 1996. "Durable Goods Pricing When Quality Matters," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(4), pages 489-510, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ke Ding & Jiutang Pan, 2014. "The shanzhai cell phone: platforms and small business dynamics," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 4, pages 101-126 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ding, Ke, 2013. "Platforms and firm capabilities : a study of emerging global value chains," IDE Discussion Papers 432, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, PInar, 2010.
"Cooperation in product development and process R&D between competitors,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 176-190, March.
- M. Bourreau & P. Dogan, "undated". "Cooperation in Product Development and Process R&D Between Competitors," Working Paper 33645, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar, 2010. "Cooperation in Product Development and Process R&D Between Competitors," Scholarly Articles 4863170, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar, 2007. "Cooperation in Product Development and Process R&D Between Competitors," Working Paper Series rwp07-056, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Mariko Watanabe, 2014. "An analytical framework for the vigorous entry and low price phenomenon," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 1, pages 26-48 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Huo, Jingjing, 2015. "How Nations Innovate: The Political Economy of Technological Innovation in Affluent Capitalist Economies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198735847.
More about this item
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-05-12 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2007-05-12 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-NET-2007-05-12 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:13058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .